Pistol Grip on Mossberg 500

hi there I just recently bought a Mossberg 500 pump and I found this Uk website http://www.midwayuk.com that sells pistol grip for the Mossberg 500. I have a question, as long as the overall barrel length is still at least 24" is it legal to fit your shotgun with a pistol grip?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well clay pigeon shooting and I want to get into practical shotgun as well, plus this stock looks much cooler than the original stock, but I obviously don't want to get into trouble with it being illegal or something so that is why I was asking. I sent my feo this link through an e-mail to see what he thinks of it.

absolutely legal mate, i have a similar ati one on my "spare" mossberg. it helps reduce recoil (feels like it anyway), and helps the gun handle better too, not to mention all the usual benefits of synthetic over wood, so go for it :good:

ps its good for winding up the waist coat brigade at the clay ranges :hmm::drinks::lol:

100_0034.jpg

Well clay pigeon shooting and I want to get into practical shotgun as well, plus this stock looks much cooler than the original stock, but I obviously don't want to get into trouble with it being illegal or something so that is why I was asking. I sent my feo this link through an e-mail to see what he thinks of it.

Koz,

Forget it if you're going to use it for clays, it won't make your gun handle better and you'll be a laughing stock. Might be ok for practical shotgun, have a look and see what the top boys are using. If they have std stocks there's a reason for it.

Each to their own i guess, if you think it looks cool go for it mate. Don't forget your copy of Bravo 2 Zero and a balaclava when you're out shopping :good::hmm::drinks:

What about this one guys: http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproductpage....leItemID=930954

This one looks a bit more like a grey area since it looks more "tactical". Personally I have clicked on the link gone to add to shopping cart, add detaiuls everything I had it as "Confirm Purchase" but I didn't hit the Purchase button, so I can definately buy this stock form the website but not sure about legality.

By the way, nice guns babby! :good:

cheers mate

personally id stay away from any of those type of adjustable stocks, think theyre legal ok but i always find that adjustable = loose, which is not good for a shotgun

this is what i have at the mo, and im about to buy this forend for better grip; also its cheaper than that knox one!

stock

forend

ps if youre going to use this for clays you might want to buy THIS stock instead to make the experts at the range feel safer with the fact youre using a pump... :good::hmm:

Hi Koz

fit a pistol grip to your Mozzie and put a grin on your face.

i've put a Knoxx stock and houge rubberised fore end on my 590

as some people say a bit posie but their probably a bit jealous.

By the way are you aware midway's goods come to you from the U.S.A

Have fun with your mozzie

Regards

Rik

post-17787-1248377253.jpg

Wow Yes! that is what I want. Can you tell me exactly from the midway website the product number of that stock? Or the link please. This is EXACTLY what I want. Thank you cincinnati! :good:

Right bought this one: http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproductpage....p;x=19&y=12

It looks so cool on cincinnati's gun and when I get my 24" barrel which should come in a few weeks it should look ubercool. :yes:

Koz,

Double check that 24" barrel mate. The only ones Mossberg list are rifled, (for use with slugs).

If you haven't got a FAC for sec.1 ammunition you may find yourself with a gun you can't use!! Still, as long as it looks cool eh!!......................... :)

Any 'shotgun' with a rifled barrel is obviously not "a smooth-bore gun" and therefore isn't classed as a shotgun under UK regs and you'd be in possession of a section 5 firearm :yes: I'd be amazed if you can't get a regular 24" barrel for a mossy though :)

Mark

Edited by Breastman

Are they really that good? I'm very interested in the 500. :D

What advantage do they offer over a s/a???

theres a few benefits of pumps compared to semi's. pumps are very tough, dont need as much cleaning (i swear im gonna strip and clean my two this weekend, havnt been done since xmas!) and you get far fewer jams; even if you do get one it takes less than a second to clear, just repump it! as well as that you cant just keep pulling the trigger like with a semi, having to pump the next cartridge in, even though its quick, still forces you to slow down and gives you time to draw a bead on the target again. no joke but my shot to kill ratio got far better once i started using pumps.

if you do get one id advise you to go for a 500a/600ct; theyre the more sporterised models 28" barrel, top rib, interchangeable chokes and double bead sights :yes:

Koz,

Double check that 24" barrel mate. The only ones Mossberg list are rifled, (for use with slugs).

If you haven't got a FAC for sec.1 ammunition you may find yourself with a gun you can't use!! Still, as long as it looks cool eh!!......................... :)

should be ok, my mates got a slugster model, 24" barrel and its smooth bore, but check it anyway :lol: