Altrincham ( Cheshire)

alexr

I know about Worsley. the last time I was there the wife got a ticket on the east lancs :good: . The cursing she gave Worsley after that I am not sure it still exists :no: . They are open weekends and wednesdays aren't they. There is also Frodsham, But nothing more local ?

I think it could be the lymm shoot that you heard about (just outside altrincham).

I never found out where it was :no:

Like NickyT said worsley (Manchester clay sports) is the nearest

.....................ALTRINCHAM FOREVER.................... :good:

Thanks for that.

Anni you from alti ? Where do/did you drink ?

Yeh I'm from altrincham .

Not much of a drinker though, but have shown my face in the Downs (now some posh bar thing?) Weatherspoons,Bricklayers. allover really.

Can't afford it anymore now I got this clay addiction. Heroin is less addictive and cheaper :good:

Yeh I'm from altrincham .

Not much of a drinker though, but have shown my face in the Downs (now some posh bar thing?) Weatherspoons,Bricklayers. allover really.

Can't afford it anymore now I got this clay addiction. Heroin is less addictive and cheaper :good:

I used to go in the Downs sometimes when it was a rough hole :angry:

There's supposed to be a nice little shoot off the East Lancs Road somewhere, but I've never been.

There used to be an old Land Rover up a driveway in Sale, with a sticker in the back advertising Altrincham Clay Shooting Club, with a web address. I always meant to knock on the blokes door and ask him where the **** it was, but never got round to it. The Land Rover's gone now and I've forgotten which house it was :no:

I used to go in the Downs sometimes when it was a rough hole :angry:

There's supposed to be a nice little shoot off the East Lancs Road somewhere, but I've never been.

There used to be an old Land Rover up a driveway in Sale, with a sticker in the back advertising Altrincham Clay Shooting Club, with a web address. I always meant to knock on the blokes door and ask him where the **** it was, but never got round to it. The Land Rover's gone now and I've forgotten which house it was :no:

I seen that landrover (or range rover)

Up a drive in ashton village Altrincham sporting gun club or something like that .

The downs has allways been a rough hole...there happy hour was a punch up :good:

I think there was once a clay shoot not far from Altrincham, I remember going but it was at least 12 years ago. It was between Dunham Massey and Partington if my memory serves me (which it often doesn't these days :good: ) I am about 99% certain it's long gone.

The shoot at Lymm is The Star Gun Club aka Jed the Shed's. It is directly under the Thelwall viaduct on the M6, is a 50 birder and is on every fortnight, have not got any contact details, sorry.

The shoot on the East Lancs road that Chard referred to is Rixton Gun Club, a 30 birder on alternative weeks to Jed's. They have a website http://www.rixtoncpc.co.uk/index.htm that gives contact details.

In my opinion neither shoot is particularly good, most targets at Jed's are going away and Rixton has very constrictive safety cages, the ground conditions can break an ankle in summer and swallow you whole in winter (with the rain we've had recently it might be like the Somme!). The targets can be quite challenging though.

If you want/need to stay local put the wife in the passenger seat and you drive slowly to Worsley , it's a country mile better than those other two grounds.

Mr Potter.

I seen that landrover (or range rover)

Up a drive in ashton village Altrincham sporting gun club or something like that .

The downs has allways been a rough hole...there happy hour was a punch up :angry:

That's the one - it might have been a Range Rover now you come to say it. Greenbank Road :good:

There were some dirty women in the Downs, I seem to recall :no:

the ground conditions can break an ankle in summer and swallow you whole in winter

:good::good::good:

Edited by Chard

I used to drink in the bricklayers on and off but perhapse a little before your time, Usually saturday afternoons during the school holidays. Otherwise it was the hare and hounds, or the bleeding wolf, the stone masons, the navigation or the moss trooper. tended to depend on the girl ( who ever she was at the time ).

Happy days :lol:

Thanks for the info. If your sure the wifes curse has not lead to the distruction of Worsley, then I will give there a crack, though I will have a look at that web site. :oops:

not heard of the alti one,there was one at stockport but not heard about that one for a while,wild boar clough on alternate sunday mornings,50 birder.it,s at sutton near maccassfield, was a member but let it lapse through illness,quornford is a little further out,another 50 bird shoot can be a bit wild and wooly in the winter high up and wide open moors.cloudside shooting club,up market place but nice people.of the conglton rd,nice place very well set out.automatic traps.skeet,a.b.t down the line.on the flat good paths and concrete stands.used to be a fiver for 25 birds and you can shoot as many as you want.good place for practice.buitifull club house.you don,t need to be a member to use it.

2429208210103830173S600x600Q85.jpg

That dodgy charicter at the back looks familiar . Wasn't he chancilor of germany in the 30's and 40's :hmm::blush: :blink:

That's Catamong, just befor he invaded Poland.

The other chap with a rather stiff and stretched gun mount (and probably a twitch) is Beretta in his yoof :good:

Beretta - Middle Farm Bredbury was run by the Barlow brothers who were farmers. Nice people, but they had a number of silly noise complaints from people living miles away. considering that it was under the flight path for Manchester Airport, it was a joke.

Won my first trophy - a third at Middle Farm in 1982. I used to do the rounds at Blakelow, Holmfirth, Bobbin Mill, Edgeworth, Buxton - the one in the quarry, Doveholes :huh: Buxton, Atherton, Rixton, Rishton, Star Gun Club at Lymm, Catton Hall, Craughton GC at Chester, Sabden GC, Shaw and Crompton, Rochdale GC, Charlesworth GC, the Grouse, Little Mill,A6, Hodnet and many many more.

Long time ago. :good:

Edited by Gordon R