I never thought flies could be so much fun.

woolmep

I was checking the accuracy of an air rifle the other day. Had a target stuck to a box and set about 40ft away (the distance I’m shooting tree rats from in my garden) and after a few shots flies kept landing on the box and target. I decided to forget the bullseye and start on the flies instead. It’s quite satisfying and much more fun.

Strange thing is that when I missed they didn’t fly off. Just stayed in the same place, next to a newly arrived hole. Plenty of time to pick them off.

flies.jpg

and head shots only please---------- think of you quarry.

No No No No Noooooo! The head is far to small a target, and a sudden movement could cause you to miss the brain and wound the fly, maybe blowing it'd jaw off and leaving it to die a horrible death. Shots should only be taken at the heart and lung area to ensure a humane kill :good::no::angry::good:

I just washed my car for the first time in a year and it seems that unwhittingly I've been 'shooting' flies for the last 12 months looking at the front of it. I'm surprised there were any left for my bit of fun.

Before I get any grief from the pro blue bottle brigade I can assure you I was very choosy when selecting the ones to cull. I only picked the old ones that had had a good life but needed to make way for the next crop and they were all killed with good clean head (body, legs & wings) shots.

Hiya, good shooting there...just like Grandpaw Clampett...:):) best I ever did was upo at the range, and shot the pins out of my mates paper targets, then watched him running across the field after it..;):) he still doesnt know..:good:

Have a wee go at this one...:)

http://www.freeworldgroup.com/games/fly/index.html

First try was 32...:(

Edited by Norrie