• NIKKO STERLING
    • SIMMONS
    • BURRIS
    • HAWKE
    • CENTRE POINT
    • BSA
    • OTHER (PLEASE STATE IN REPLY)

:D

Funky, after your clarification of the terms of your question above, it does appear to be rather bizarre. What're you looking to purchase/achieve exactly?

I am not looking to achive anything but a search for the truth about scopes and there misgivings i have posted a further subject and poll abot MOA which runs along side this thread i am intrested in what we actually buy and why rather than what the publications say is good. Trust the common man and what is proven in the field rather than the hype. I have been researching this for a while and it is amazing what has been going on also i feel is so so wrong.

Just a taster

Simmons orignally owned by Meade industries a U.S Company origanally made in a high spec plant in the Phillipines.

Simmons is now owned by Burris as from last year and are now made in china but are still sold as Simmons.

the fact that they are now made in China and their quality has dropped but the price has not actually says WRONG to me.

Edited by funky

I bought a BSA sweet 17 on the basis it is sold as a dedicated scope for the 17 hmr. During daytime hours it is fine. Once it starts to get dull it starts to show how poor it is. I had problems on my first one which in their defence they replaced it instantly for free. The second one has zero'd in fine but the rubber grips on the scope slip occasionally which is annoying.

Personally I wouldn't recommend anybody buy one when far better scopes are available at a similar price. Trying it in the shop is fine but it is out on the field that quality matters. The Sweet 17 falls short in this department.

Same here, also bought a BSA Sweet 17. During daylight it is amazing, but when dusk, I scan with my Nikon binoculars, then look through the scope to shoot and can't see anything! :D

I bought it as It is supposed to be calibrated. But now I discovered it doesn't actually do as it says on the tin, I would go with Hawke or Nikko Sterling.

I agree with you Funky. Have read stuff you've written in other threads and agree that the price should change.

What I have noticed is that my dad got a BSA Sweet .22. This is either newer or older than mine as the writing and grips are different. Also, mine is much nicer to look through optics wise, and the parallax is much better. I assume his is newer, and that they have reduced quality yet kept the price the same! :D

What do you make of that?

Hi, as one of my work guns I use a 17mach II (kimber) . I won't use AO scopes when in the field (who wants to play with parallex or fiddle with a power ring when there is game about) The Kimber is topped with a Nikko Stirling Platinum 8x56. It has a 30mm tube, pulls in a lot of light , glass is excellent - point and shoot - what more could you want.

Cheers :lol: