Heads up - ryanair

Ozzy Fudd

not sure if many of you use ryan air, but just a heads up if you do. i booked flights using my debit card last week, went to lift money out last night and it said i had insufficient funds. had a panic thinking id spent more than i realised and transferred money in from my savings. it was niggling at me though so i took a look at my account this morning, the account balance and the available balance didnt tally up, turns out ryan air have applied twice for the payment!! :no:

this is the second time this has happened with them, im trying to get the bank to remove the pending transaction now (theyve applied but havnt lifted it) so keep an eye on your account if youre using ryanair :yes:

Sorry to hear what happened to you, but unfortunately this can happen to any card transactions.

I work in IT for Dixons head office and have seen this happen on a couple of occasions. It's merely a file with transaction data being processed twice. It's a pain for the customers and as well as charging you twice, if you have had a refund transaction you could be refunded twice as well.

It's a real pain for the company itself and usually costs a lot of money to put right, so in Ryanair's defence, I don't think they want this kind of error to happen.

ryanair are a load of sheisters anyway, cheap initial tickets but not so cheap once you've added the essentials like paying for them at £16 for 4 tickets with a debit card that bit really ****** me off as we pay 50p a debit card transaction as a business, not sure how they justify that as legitimately passing their costs on :yes:

ive been using ryan air for 5 years no problems exept when i clicked the payment button twice. but if i had read it says only press once. but the exess money was put back in the following day. i booked 2 flights to gerona return in june. for the 23 sept costing only £72 inc baggage and all charges the same flights now cost in exess of £300. the early bird catches the bargains.

babby

I hope that you are not flying with Ryanair and taking guns?

Ryanair will not transport guns!

webber

na mate, i know, the only ones that do are air baltic (to latvia anyway) and theyre over twice the price :yes: thats why im gonna buy one over there and leave it on her brothers licence :no:

ive been using ryan air for 5 years no problems exept when i clicked the payment button twice. but if i had read it says only press once. but the exess money was put back in the following day. i booked 2 flights to gerona return in june. for the 23 sept costing only £72 inc baggage and all charges the same flights now cost in exess of £300. the early bird catches the bargains.

no the button definitely want pressed twice, after the last time it happened (few months ago) any time ive booked flights since ive been very careful - one thing i should have put in the original post, which sort of proves that, is that the two amounts were slightly different; nothing major, only about £6 or £7 difference, but surely if id hit the button twice it would be the exact same amount?