Amerstep hay house hide

19 the pikey

Wow, they ain't cheap, the only ones I could find were £140 - £150.

The general opinion on the pop up hides seems to be that they are great for rifle shooting, but not so good when shooting flying birds, due to the restricted shooting/viewing area.

This one does look as though the roof comes off, so that might cure that problem.

The other complaint is that they are light and not very stable in the wind, but this one has tie downs, so that might work.

Let us know how you get on, it will be nice to get a first hand opinion. :good:

I have been trying out a new pop up hide for a decoy company ( wont say who) and it will be on the market very soon . i have tryed them before and like has always been said the other types are no good for shotgun shooting where as this 1 is spot on . It has a roof which shoots back when you press the foot plate and a nice seat fitted its light,has ropes to peg it down and is easy to carry and even better at a good price of £75 . I have used it out in the middle of a big rape stubble field and i shot 86 birds with only a few being put off .

so there not all bad so good luck to you !

sounds good tom, how long have got two wait, befor we can see it

sounds almost like a lay out blind.......................got any images.....sounds interesting. seen roll back blinds...but they look like things made out of scaffolding by yanks doing big duck hunts...

will have some pics up very soon :yes:

Well tried out hide today (sunday) put it up and ready to shoot in about 7 minutes (so far so good)

Put in all kit for me and my mate and had plenty of room for two seats and all the clober.

Proved to be pretty wind resitant so kept warm all day with no blowing about of hide (did use a peg in each corner which were supplied but did not need guide ropes)

Found putting brush in elasticated strips easy and nothing moved all day.

Had NO birds shying away all day and came in on decoys very well.

Visibility is very good and access through the zip up door very good

Had it all folded up and back in carry bag in about ten minutes.

Overall found very easy to set up and put down, plenty of room and could not fault at all, my mate has been shooting for over 35 years and was very impressed.

I know it was exspensive but would say for where we shoot well worth the money and would recomend (especially if you feel the cold a lot!!)

will try and post some pics soon.

Yes it is the Hayhouse one, the ones where there sitting down i think are okay for maybe air gun or rifle shooting but look too low for shotguns.

The Hayhouse comes with a backpack for the hide and enough space for some shell decoys.

Overall i found it very good and had no birds shying away from it.

Horses for courses i think. I liked it and got on very well with it, it was nice to be out of the wind all day and not have to put on too many clothes.

The bit that folds down is okay but i found it easier to clip it where i wanted it an leave it there!!

Guys I sat in this Hay house hide with 9 the *****; I have forty years of experience in the shooting game, so think I know what I’m talking about when I say this hide is the bees knees, all us shooters know that to shoot pigeons the name of the game is concealment, to blend in with your surroundings not just buying a blind, four poles and sit behind it. When 9 the ***** told me he had bought his hide I had certain reservations!! Had he shot himself in the foot to coin a phrase, as this hide is a standalone item not something you could setup into a hedge, So we put it up on the corner of a hedged area where it was prominent, I felt sure sticking out like that the pigeons are sure to shy away, but nothing of the sort they accepted it as part of the foliage, You are able to sit in a comfortable position and stand if you wish to shoot and keep all equipment away from the elements. I will be buying one of these hides myself very impressed.