Trojan spyware on pigeonwatch?

goldeneye243

I run Avast and haven’t had a problem flag up, BUT the other day there was a link to a silly tool list (Lazer guided paint brush Ect). I can’t remember which thread it was in but I copied the link and sent it to others as a silly humour joke. Most people didn't have a problem but it wouldn't open on one ipad and on two other computers, one of which appeared to jamb up. It could be a Trojan or worm or could just be a conflict of applications. I run more than one anti system and sometimes one of them will pull something out and another will find differing things that seem to have been overlooked.

Edited by fortune

Just had my antivirus (Avast) tell me it has blocked a virus.

Anyone else seen this?

Just thought I should point it out....

Yes avast has blocked some dodgy malware that has infected some page/script on pigeonwatch, only had it happen once though. I haven't been able to recreate it since.

Right i have managed to recreate what happened to me. I don't have Avast so it loaded the page and Malwarebytes stopped the Malware. It seems to only do it to me the first time I click a notification link that day. I clicked on he link and got taken to the following page and then a load of ads came up. I clicked on the link for a second time and it worked normally.

example1_zps81bfcc85.png

Got this from my Malwarebytes log file.

2013/01/05 20:34:32 GMT DAN-PC Dan IP-BLOCK 69.6.27.100 (Type: outgoing, Port: 57053, Process: iexplore.exe)

2013/01/05 20:34:32 GMT DAN-PC Dan IP-BLOCK 69.6.27.100 (Type: outgoing, Port: 57052, Process: iexplore.exe)

2013/01/05 20:34:32 GMT DAN-PC Dan IP-BLOCK 69.6.27.100 (Type: outgoing, Port: 57055, Process: iexplore.exe)

2013/01/05 20:34:32 GMT DAN-PC Dan IP-BLOCK 69.6.27.100 (Type: outgoing, Port: 57054, Process: iexplore.exe)

I have scanned my machine each day over the last week and its not come up with anything locally but this link suggests that there may be something amiss at my end. http://www.zimbio.com/Spyware/articles/xTnwGiJ5omC/How+Get+Rid+http+69+6+27+100+Malicious+Domain

To the other that have had a problem, when you open a new browser does it try and redirect the page and you breifly get a 401 unauthorised error before it loads your homepage?

Dan