Simple as can be.

Underdog

Nice shooting with what looks like a really nice condition "front stuffer"!

That rifle looks identical to mine. What sort of range do you reckon on getting with that sort of load - I'm guessing that you are using around the same amount of powder (By volume) to shot?

I've yet to try mine with shot instead of ball and patch, but I almost certainly will at some time in the near future!

Nice shooting with what looks like a really nice condition "front stuffer"!

That rifle looks identical to mine. What sort of range do you reckon on getting with that sort of load - I'm guessing that you are using around the same amount of powder (By volume) to shot?

I've yet to try mine with shot instead of ball and patch, but I almost certainly will at some time in the near future!

I was only getting any use from 3/4oz to 25yards, bit like a 410. An ounce reaches thirty ok. Yes same volume of Kranks medium.

Been getting light strikes from mine and a failure to det' a cap. So I made a spring assister! Got to test it asap.

Well done that gun looks a nice piece of kit how much lead do you give on a moving target is it the same as a hammer gun

Don't know really, a bit more yes but it is not really that much more at sensible ranges....even from the flintlock!

Is the bug biting mwahahaha :lol:

U

Well done that gun looks a nice piece of kit how much lead do you give on a moving target is it the same as a hammer gun

When you have it loaded just right which takes a little practice i honestly dont feel there is all that much difference. When i first started muzzle loading i would shoot normally with my shotguns, then pick up the muzzle loader and swing through miles in front of the target. It took me a little while to realize it was unnecessary. Obviously it depends on the gun and load you stick in it, but i have a 14bore side by side muzzle loader and i use that out to 30 yard alright on the pigeons; i find it lacks the same stopping power as a modern 12 bore on rabbits though so i limit my range a little more with them. Muzzle loading over ferrets and bolting rabbits is an awesome day out.