% of female shooters in UK

Colc08

:whistling: Goodness me, I have just waded through 2 and a half pages of dross. I have been shooting for 20 years sometimes meeting up with friends, sometimes shooting on my own. I most certainly have never felt the need of a club just for ladies. This seems to me to be a very contrived way of learning to shoot. What the hell is wrong with just getting in your car and driving to a shoot and shooting, what is so wrong with just going and booking yourself in with a coach for a couple of hours. I personally can't think of anything worse than joining a group of ladies to go shooting, I'm sure most of them would bore the pants off me.Even when I was learning, I felt made welcome by everyone I met and had lots of encouragement to up my game by lots of enthuasiastic gents.If these lasses feel that they are afraid to step out of their comfort zone, then they should stick to knitting, i don't want my sport spoiled by a load of wingeing pinkies...... from Auntie. :whistling:

I wish they would but they just don't seem to unless they are the doggie types used to the world already. My wife just got on with it but that's her.

I don't understand why it happens but like most men if I understood one woman I'd be happier if I understood the lot I'd be a rich and happy man.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i am struggling to understand is why the need to vilify people for what works for them?

If folks are happy to rock up and mix it with everyone then great?

If others want to do it via a social group involving cakes, hairstyles and pink then good for them.

There's no rights or wrongs to this, by having different types on entry into the sport, whether it be purely social or seriously competitive it is all good.

So long as one entity being there is not to the detriment of the rest then who cares? More power to their collective elbows.

What i am struggling to understand is why the need to vilify people for what works for them?

If others want to do it via a social group involving cakes, hairstyles and pink then good for them.

There's no rights or wrongs to this, by having different types on entry into the sport, whether it be purely social or seriously competitive it is all good.

So long as one entity being there is not to the detriment of the rest then who cares? More power to their collective elbows.

Exactly my thoughts.

I like a pub but if there were only Wetherspoons available, I'd drink at home.

I see both sides here. I am quite confident in most things I do and I believe entering the world of shooting can be daunting for both sexes not just women. I've only been shooting just under two years but I would not have entered this sport under my own steam. I had my husband who took charge of my basic learning process and went everywhere with me, introduced me to people and basically made sure I felt very safe and confident in what I was doing. Every weekend we are still together shooting but I have no hesitation in going off to a shoot on my own like Friday, he went to work and I decided to shoot for a good few hours.

It's horses for courses and if it works towards making some women feel safer and less inhibited then no harm done really.

Good points. I also find it hard to comprehend people who think that their way is the only way.

• 3 weeks later...

is it the "sexisim" that is no doubt present to some extent, though I have never seen anything nasty, more ribbing than anything, or is it womens heightened sensitivity to it?

I have seen plenty of blokes getting some severe stick at various places.

My missus is learning to shoot, and is doing damn well thanks to a superb coach...yep she gets a bit of stick, but by gum, can she give it back...and in spades ful....

Me? I leave her to "get on with it" and she enjoys every minute of it, even to the point of going off on her own to crack a few clays....

are we seeing a "symptom" of "taking oneself too seriously"...or are us "cheshire chaps" simply more polite and inclusive?

But I let you come with me when I want a button presser. :)