Social media and Firearms

Peskyfoxs

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, disagree. Majority of my neighbours are good people (cul de sac), however there is one family with 2 bad apple early twenties sons, where police is regular visitor. Fights, smoking cannabies, etc. So, in order to keep my licence/not to make myself a target I do this. It works. It's called being careful....Should I told them: It was for my SGC application? Are You serious?

No you didn't need to tell anyone why the police were there,but instead you chose to make up a lie and tell everyone that.

No you didn't need to tell anyone why the police were there,but instead you chose to make up a lie and tell everyone that.

I was asked by them, because the FEO came in a police car in civilian clothes. Usualy it is not me who got visit from the police there.... What would You answer to a question in this situation? I've made it up on the spot. Edited by londonercsecse

you can tell its raining and not a lot of shooting going on out there

Sunny here too was a lovely morning for some shooting.

Funnily enough as i was walking out out of the door this morning my neighbour was passing and stopped to ask if i found the special delivery package signed for on wednesday but not by me. I didn't feel the need to tell him the 2 gun slips on my shoulder were anything....

No, disagree. Majority of my neighbours are good people (cul de sac), however there is one family with 2 bad apple early twenties sons, where police is regular visitor. Fights, smoking cannabies, etc. So, in order to keep my licence/not to make myself a target I do this. It works. It's called being careful....Should I told them: It was for my SGC application? Are You serious?

Steve, you keep it close to your chest, no need to advertise! :good:

Sunny here too was a lovely morning for some shooting.

Funnily enough as i was walking out out of the door this morning my neighbour was passing and stopped to ask if i found the special delivery package signed for on wednesday but not by me. I didn't feel the need to tell him the 2 gun slips on my shoulder were anything....

I envy you the weather.hope you enjoyed your shooting.

Are we not loosing the plot on this topic.

At the end of the day the police are concerned about the use of Social Media (and YouTube) identifying people who hold firearms, AND FOR GOOD REASON

At best, If you are happy about a visit from the FEO giving you a warning, fine, at worst, having your wife and children held and beaten by raiders after your weapons is another matter.

Are we not loosing the plot on this topic.

At the end of the day the police are concerned about the use of Social Media (and YouTube) identifying people who hold firearms, AND FOR GOOD REASON

At best, If you are happy about a visit from the FEO giving you a warning, fine, at worst, having your wife and children held and beaten by raiders after your weapons is another matter.

Piffle! How do you think fiwldsports Britain, team wild, ***********, Rachel Carrie and all the other many many shooters on social media carry on then?

I dont think we should hide away in the shadows like we have some dirty little secret but at the same time there is a very good case for using discression. I am not on any of those sites (too bloody old ) but to show your friends your guns or talk to them about the sport is one thing, laying your guns out on the bed and detailing when your house is empty is just bloody stupid and I wouldnt wonder if the stazi picked up on that and gave him a hard time.

Idiot deserves it.

FYI, be careful when you use loyalty cards in supermarkets cos they can access that info and see how much booze you buy a month, thank god there are no loyalty cards for crystal meth!!

FYI, be careful when you use loyalty cards in supermarkets cos they can access that info and see how much booze you buy a month, thank god there are no loyalty cards for crystal meth!!

Who is "they" and I don't believe the level of detail linking purchases to a name and address would be available without a warrant (court order)