How Did Your Season Go ?

marsh man

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

122 pinks please tell me thats a mistake.

WHY !!!! Now not looking to get into a Bun Fight about Goose numbers shot But IMHO Goose meat is very good and has many many uses. Here is just a few I use . Goose Mince for Shepherd Pie- Spaghetti Bolagnasse or anything you use Beef mince for

Goose chunks for Currys-Pies- Stew again replace Beef with Goose meat

Goose Breast stuff with chestnut stuffing wrap with bacon - Goose Keiv to name 2

Goose meat Sausages - Burgers etc

and Plain roast Goose

I've been slated in the past and probably will in the future for daring to shoot more than than the mysterious number of SIX Geese.

If they are NOT being wasted and being made Good use of what's the problem !!!!

Nobody seems to moan about the amount of Chicken Beef Pork or lamb eaten and I would imagine if the 122 Pinks was 122 Duck or Pigeon again I don't think there would be any problems.

As for my season started with a Goose or 2 ended with a Goose and plenty in between. But my highlights was my Grandson first season shooting a 12gaand seeing him shoot many Firsts hopefully next season will see more of the same.

And this is why Genuine lads do no post on hear anymore , to Much bitching , if you put your time in then you deserve the rewards that you harvest , if the guy says nothing is wasted then fair play to him .

It's a long time till september the 1st..

Let the silly season begin ....

O yes how long do we think it will be before we get a topic come up can i shoot canadas out of season ..

Edited by washwildfowler

And this is why Genuine lads do no post on hear anymore , to Much bitching , if you put your time in then you deserve the rewards that you harvest , if the guy says nothing is wasted then fair play to him .

It's a long time till september the 1st..

Let the silly season begin ....

O yes how long do we think it will be before we get a topic come up can i shoot canadas out of season ..

There is already one in another section of the site!

well guys nothing goes to waste in scotland,me personaly we eat a few geese,anyone who wants a goose gets one,lets just say my working dogs are well fed thru the season,there is a clue"scotland"fowling is my life for nearly six months of the year"its a passion ,out of the possible probably 360 ish flights for the season i managed 54,so yes i have worked for my birds,187 days to go til sept first,feels like something has been taken away,.The wife says the only thing we share in shoot season is a posctode lol,time to get back to work eh