dead fox Rspca

Ira

Years ago now.... Knock at the door.... I answered and there stood a very officious "officer" in uniform.

"We have had a report of a malnourished cat that you own. I would like to see your cat."

Whaaaat :hmm:

OK... come in....

Here he is....

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=f06e02d2bd0cdb86652b69b50626ff3d&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=307803&p=2782063&md5check=843bb28cce045dbbf27272ad8ada39b0&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,ftwCXqY-cHs'); //]]></script>bengeorge1.jpg&&0

Ben the collie looked at the RSPCA guy very suspiciously, protecting the cat.

"Oh. He looks fine"

"Sure he is" I replied. "So where did this report come from."

"I can't tell you that"

Hmmm...

Cast my mind back to the previous evening when I entertained a mate and his new girlfriend for dinner. As usual, the cat was around meooooowing at signs of food. In my usual inimitable offhand humour I remember saying "Shut up cat. You were fed last week" :)

With friends like those, who needs enemy's?

Years ago now.... Knock at the door.... I answered and there stood a very officious "officer" in uniform.

"We have had a report of a malnourished cat that you own. I would like to see your cat."

OK... come in....

Here he is....

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=714d8c519216122d19ef07a9e3a0c7d9&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=307803&p=2782063&md5check=94cf7a3eda14683969d2e0f9d4087dc6&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,9B7al917Hh4'); //]]></script>bengeorge1.jpg&&0

"Oh. He looks fine"

"I can't tell you that"

Hmmm...

Cast my mind back to the previous evening when I entertained a mate and his new girlfriend for dinner. As usual, the cat was around meooooowing at signs of food. In my usual inimitable offhand humour I remember saying "Shut up cat. You were fed last week" :)

Me...I would have told him to "do one" and come back when and IF he gets a warrant....

We had an instance of a cat being kept by the house opposite us who would stand and scratch and meow at their front door to no avail, and this poor old cat had obviously been hit by a car or similar as it was dragging it's leg and walked all bent sidewards... horrible sight.

I phoned the RSPCA and explained and it took them a week to send someone, and I phoned back and asked what happened and they had just posted a leaflet through their door as they weren't in... the lady on the phone was saying that "that should sort it out" I was dumbfounded.

I couldn't take the cat to a vets on my own accord apparently, as I am not on benefits a vet won't do anything for a cat that's not mine etc... (apparently if you are on benefits you get help with vets for the animals you have) - and so I was stuck. the owner of the cat I spoke to myself and she didn't give a hoot and was fobbing me off with all this tripe about he's ok it's just arthritus etc...

OK... come in....

Here he is....

"Oh. He looks fine"

"I can't tell you that"

Hmmm...

Ha!

I wouldn't have invited him in

Quite happily have told him to **** off!!

He works for a charity

he has no right of access or enforcement

I love the RSPCA. Particular when the unmarked white van reverses up a lane near my house and there's a few doors opening and closing with the undergrowth rustling and my dog getting a bit excited.

I get the greatest response to my calls and see the most action in the days following that. Wish they would come more often. :)

A few years back I lived in a street just off the town centre were everyone who worked in town used to park. I had a GSP and my girlfriend used to work about 100yards up the road from the house.

On more than one occasion, she'd return home ( used to only work mornings or afternoons for 4 hour shifts 4 days a week) to find someone with their face pressed against our front window looking/talking to/ winding up the dog. Then one day I arrived home to find an RSPCA card drawing pinned (in my hardwood front door) with door cello taped to frame (to see if anyone opened door).

The game began and for three days my girlfriend and I never opened the front door using the back to enter and leave the property. On the fourth day, my girlfriend returned to find the 'white van' outside the house and called me on phone for me to come home. I was there within 10 minutes and was confronted by the RSPCA man who then went on to explain that our 'Gordon Setter?' Was being neglected and had been abandoned for 3 days.

I invited him in and showed him a bowl of fresh water and absolutely no fouling by the dog anywhere in the house. I then invited him to leave and to never darken my door again. That was the last I heard from him.

When I started this topic I never thought I would hear such disgusting tales. I am sure that on some occasions they have been responsible for the long suffering of many animals. Heres a point I think might invoke a response, Why when an RSPCA case hits the headlines are the animals so emaciated and racked with ticks, fleas, mange and lice, surely the animals should have been found before they got into such a state, or the lowlifes that caused it be found out before animals die, These conditions don't just happen overnight, in some instances it must take weeks or months of suffering. In the case of the obviously not malnourished gordon setter and most of the posts related to this it proves what an utter waste of money, time and resources the RSPCA are!!

I suppose one has to hope that these posts are just not the norm!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I love the RSPCA. Particular when the unmarked white van reverses up a lane near my house and there's a few doors opening and closing with the undergrowth rustling and my dog getting a bit excited.

I get the greatest response to my calls and see the most action in the days following that. Wish they would come more often. :)

Please, please film this.

I saw a program on TV once where they chased a deer round that had a broken leg, scared the thing witless chasing it round and round trying to catch it until, exhausted the thing collapsed and they caught it.... only for them to say it was too bad and they'd have to put it down!

CEO paid £160k!!

Hundreds of thousands wasted on pointless hunt prosecutions!

They have no interest in animal welfare on the whole... bunch of counts! Pointless idiots that do nothing if you phone them about a domestic dog that's suffering... Tell them you saw a huntsman chase a fox and they spend thousands of pounds and employ countless people to investigate!!!

I've noticed one or two people saying it's illegal to release foxes back into the wild, I think it's only alien species that can't be released

Andy

nope

capture and relocation of a wild and territorial animal into an alien environment, not to mention the needless transportation of a wild animal would all come under the

Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 and the Animal Welfare Act 2006

specifically AWA 2006

4 Unnecessary suffering

(1) A person commits an offence if—

(a) an act of his, or a failure of his to act, causes an animal to suffer,

(b) he knew, or ought reasonably to have known, that the act, or failure to act, would have that effect or be likely to do so,

© the animal is a protected animal, and

(d) the suffering is unnecessary.

(2) A person commits an offence if—

(a) he is responsible for an animal,

(b) an act, or failure to act, of another person causes the animal to suffer,

© he permitted that to happen or failed to take such steps (whether by way of supervising the other person or otherwise) as were reasonable in all the circumstances to prevent that happening, and

(d) the suffering is unnecessary.

you release a fox into a new environment it WILL die, usually as it will be chased the **** out or shot!!

Edited by Bewsher500