Looking for pigeon shooting.

hi Babybeare69,

firstly can I just say ,welcome to pigeon watch and I certainly hope you enjoy your stay,

ok now too your question,

I don't have any spare land for you too shoot but I can give you something and that will be better than taking you pigeon shooting,,ITS CALLED ADVICE,,

firstly,,,, it is always a good idea to introduce yourself on any forum because this will give people a better understanding of who you are , what you are, shooting experience etc

Secondly,,, it does not normally go down well if you just come on a shooting forum asking for shooting for you and your mates,

ok so can you start again,,,,,,,giving everyone on here a bit of information about the likes of the following,,,,,,

! ,,,,,, your age ?

2,,,,,, how long you have been shooting ?

3,,,,,, do you have any shooting experience ? ie where do you shoot at the moment ?

4,,,, what guns do you use for your shooting ?

5,,,,,, do you have a vehicle ?

6,,,,,,do you have your own equipment ?

7,,,,,,are you trustworthy ?

for anyone whom has read your first post , these are the sorts of questions they will want to know and there will be others they would want to know also,,, just coming on a forum and asking for shooting is not the best thing to do,

for all we know , you might be 12 yrs old , never use a gun in your life,,only have a push bike,,don't even have a waterproof coat,,,and you are the biggest thief in your town,,,

do you now understand where I,m coming from ???

anyway I,ll let you try again,, if you are genuine then at least it will be a better start

good luck

edit,,,, it would also be a good idea to post your reply in the gaining permission section

Edited by evo

hi Babybeare69,

firstly can I just say ,welcome to pigeon watch and I certainly hope you enjoy your stay,

I don't have any spare land for you too shoot but I can give you something and that will be better than taking you pigeon shooting,,ITS CALLED ADVICE,,

firstly,,,, it is always a good idea to introduce yourself on any forum because this will give people a better understanding of who you are , what you are, shooting experience etc

Secondly,,, it does not normally go down well if you just come on a shooting forum asking for shooting for you and your mates,

ok so can you start again,,,,,,,giving everyone on here a bit of information about the likes of the following,,,,,,

! ,,,,,, your age ?

3,,,,,, do you have any shooting experience ? ie where do you shoot at the moment ?

for anyone whom has read your first post , these are the sorts of questions they will want to know and there will be others they would want to know also,,, just coming on a forum and asking for shooting is not the best thing to do,

for all we know , you might be 12 yrs old , never use a gun in your life,,only have a push bike,,don't even have a waterproof coat,,,and you are the biggest thief in your town,,,

anyway I,ll let you try again,, if you are genuine then at least it will be a better start

good luck

edit,,,, it would also be a good idea to post your reply in the gaining permission section

Spot on

the unfortunate thing is finding permissions here is not easy, infact unless you befriend another member its unlikely you will unless you part with money... trouble is theres 35,000 members here and pretty much all of us want more permissions

hi Babybeare69,

! ,,,,,, your age ?

good luck

Hi Guys and before anything else apologies!

I was up early today, saw i had been accepted and rattled a line out before i had to hit the ground running!

Im not really sure how these forum thingys work so i dont even know if im doing this reply bit right to be honest.

Thanks for the scolding and i shall endeavour to be a better PW member in the future, i hope.

A little about myself..i'm 46 years old with most of my own teeth and have been shooting as long as i can remember.

As soon as i could lift a garden gun i was rat popping and have finally progressed, over the years all the way through to a 12 bore. Although you gotta love a 20 with full choke!

I'm currently shooting way north of Great Yarmouth but its a bit of a treck due to one car syndrome, all day decoying and a wife that likes shopping. I was hoping to get somewhere a bit closer to be fair. Needless to say i have all the equipment and am having mixed results with my new flapper...whats the general concensus on them?

I'm killing time until the game pens go up and the feeders, ligers etc eat my summer!

Sorry again for 'shooting from the hip' so to speak and have a good day (with or without a gun in your mits!)

All the best,

Beary.

Beary, as said , welcome to the forum bud,,

glad you didn,t take offence as I can assure you there was non intended,

I just thought I would give you some advice because normally there would be loads giving their thoughts on " asking for shooting with their first post " regime

hope you get sorted

best wishes to you and yours

from

me and mine

Thanks again for the welcome guys!

No offence taken at all Evo, you're still on my christmas card list fella! lol

Just been getting my way around the website and so far so good, trying to think why i havent been here before.

Great site! I shall surf on!

Happy days

Thanks again for the welcome guys!

No offence taken at all Evo, you're still on my christmas card list fella! lol

Just been getting my way around the website and so far so good, trying to think why i havent been here before.

Great site! I shall surf on!

Happy days

Well done mate you have responded well.

I hope you get a positive response

Welcome to PW pal, well done on taking the comments on the chin, most don't. On this site a lot of people's first posts are similar to yours but rapidly go downhill when they get offended by the replies.

I would think your best bet would be to ask if anyone will take you out for the day paid/unpaid. You might hit it off with them and get invited out again.there are some top blokes on here. I know that shooters like me with land prefer to be out enjoying it with good company rather than alone.

Good luck in your pursuit and if your ever near Manchester give me a shout and we can have a day on the geese. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

• 10 months later...

Hello again guys, What a season that was! With three shoots to beat/shoot on and general ********* about its been busy. Hope you all got a good few days out on the game. Now to try and hit some pigeons i guess!

Does anyone own or have owned and 20 bore mossberg hushpower and if so...anygood? i'm using a Hatsan luxano for flight ponds (was) and hide work but was thinking of the mossberg for night shooting vermin etc, always loved a 20 bore but what's the general verdict?

hello babybeare69 don't worry about asking for permission on your first post there are plenty on this site that have been for a while and don't read the rules like the one at the top of this wanted section

posted by Zapp

This section has been provided so that members, irrespective of their time on the forum or post count, can request shooting opportunities.

Following another spate of established members derailing threads with unhelpful posts, this is notice that such conduct will not be tolerated, and that repeat offenders will have their accounts restricted without further notice.

If you are not replying to offer a sporting opportunity, DO NOT REPLY TO THREADS IN THIS SECTION.

You have been warned.

so with that in mind if you don't find anything and fancy a trip out to sunny Bedfordshire i will take you out for a trip or two
colin

Does anyone own or have owned and 20 bore mossberg hushpower and if so...anygood? i'm using a Hatsan luxano for flight ponds (was) and hide work but was thinking of the mossberg for night shooting vermin etc, always loved a 20 bore but what's the general verdict?

I would suggest you make this part of your post in the "Guns and Equipment" section , thats where you will get the best advice.

This is the "Shooting Wanted" section.