stopping the gun

bornfree

Has anyone any advice on how to get over this fault. I've been clay shooting for about 15 years and got up to a reasonable standard A class sporting AA skeet DTL compact. And over the last year my scores have been dropping. I have been told iam stopping the gun when shooting but I do not know iam doing it.

When setting yourself at your optimal kill point, move your feet and body to a kill pout further on. Then wind back to the initial hold point. This should cause you to unwind past the kill point and prevent stopping on it, you shouldn't stop until your naturaly unwound past the kill point.

It worked for me.

The 2 most common causes in my experience have been, Poor foot position causing you to 'run out of swing' and looking at the gun to 'double check' before pulling the trigger. Try just shooting 1 cartridge and a single target, then report birds off the same trap and then back onto the normal skeet targets. Concentrate on your stance and see if you can read the makers name on the clay ! Good Luck.

When setting yourself at your optimal kill point, move your feet and body to a kill pout further on. Then wind back to the initial hold point. This should cause you to unwind past the kill point and prevent stopping on it, you shouldn't stop until your naturaly unwound past the kill point.

It worked for me.

+ 1 spot on

Edited by coatesy75