Duck call

krowe79

its not so much about the name of the duck call and more the ability to blow the duck call at the right time and the ability to present air into the call in the right way to get the best from the call and with duck or goose calling sometimes less is more. there is a lot of info on you tube re air presentation and sometimes one blast puts a meal on the table and other days you can blow your bits off and it will not work

Edited by Saltings

I have sold and used lots of duck calls, there are some great ones and rubbish ones, expensive and cheap...... But depending on your style and what your used to I.e wooden or poly carb will decide what you want however,

Wood will swell, and stick, plastic won't.....

My recommendation is a buck Gardner mallard magic. Cheapest call they make, double reed, notched reed to prevent sticking and sounds pure duck...... Mine has got me a lot of duck and I have solway calls, zink, bg, rnt poly, wood and acrylics!

Buck Gardner Double Nasty 2 is the one I use. Along with a six in one for teal and pintail etc.

If money was no object I'd have a Conducktor call by Robin Owen.

Eddie Nixon makes some great calls I use his greylag call to good effect.

Edited by figgy