WILL IT RUIN MY ESS PUP

popa bear

I have a very nice promising you ESS dog. He is a very nice looking big fit lean pup that a lot of people comment on how nice he is. To this end somebody has asked if I would be willing to use him for stud with her Lab who will be coming into season around May time. He will be 18 months old around that time. My question is will it make him or ruin him he is a working dog not a trailing dog and is coming on really well (a bit to keen at times) he is very strong willed and I have to really keep on top of him and I'm not sure if he has his wicked way I wont be able to stay on top of him what do the collective think :hmm::hmm:

It's never a Good idea just to use a dog for stud, breeding and quality of dog as work or trail dog with a proven record is most important as using any other dog only serves to dilute any breed, please don't do it.

Edited by E.w.

I would say if a lab owner wants your dog as a stud they are only concerned with trying to make a few quid , my answer would be no just for that reason alone

Are they? Mongrel pups will be worth less. The only reason I can think of is their dog is either unregistered or has **** hip scores

Are they? Mongrel pups will be worth less. The only reason I can think of is their dog is either unregistered or has **** hip scores

Have you actually seen the prices being charged for designer crosses , labradoodles / spingerdors etc ? if the Lab owner was only concerned with breeding quality dogs then they would not be using a springer for a stud .

Have you actually seen the prices being charged for designer crosses , labradoodles / spingerdors etc ? if the Lab owner was only concerned with breeding quality dogs then they would not be using a springer for a stud .

I agree totally, unfortunately it seems the norm at the moment, on lots of shoots that I've been to over the last couple of seasons there's everything from springerdors to sprockers as workers, don't get me wrong they do the job just fine but as I've pointed out previously in the end its to the detriment of any breed.

Sprockers £300-500 Cockadors Springadors £300-450 Cockerpoos up to £800 Labradoodles up to £950 Lab x GWP/GSP up to £750 not exactly worthless but mad in my opinion

Sprockers £300-500 Cockadors Springadors £300-450 Cockerpoos up to £800 Labradoodles up to £950 Lab x GWP/GSP up to £750 not exactly worthless but mad in my opinion

Yes its nuts , I paid £400 for a lab with a very good pedigree , health checked , both jabs and micro chipped , yet people are asking £350 -£500 for springerdors which are errr mongrels !

Yes its nuts , I paid £400 for a lab with a very good pedigree , health checked , both jabs and micro chipped , yet people are asking £350 -£500 for springerdors which are errr mongrels !

I've just bought a KC registered lab bitch pup from fully health tested parents had first jab,Lots of FTCH in pedigree for £400 too