The Hunting Life Forum

hiho

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know one of the rules of this site is no talking about other forums but I feel what I have to say is of importance to everyone here.

I joined this site recently, to maybe make some more friends, gain some more knowledge and offer help where I can.

Admittedly I have used another name but that is only because I am not very good with computers and had trouble logging in with my name of the others site.

It says why the site has been shut down.

Basically because people were arguing, bickering, not taking heed of warnings, and posting illegal information. It should serve as a warning to members of this site.

We all represent our sport, and should therefore should represent it as we wish others to view it. we are here to help each other, not slate each other, constructive criticism is welcome but petty arguments and thrreats have no place on a site that is there to help people.

Treat the site with the respect *** deserves and we can all enjoy our sport together... :lol:

Ians a good lad, and Ive nothing bad to say about him. Its his decision and we should all respect that. Running a site isnt easy and he gave everyone plenty of warnings.

A good source of knowledge and information has just been lost because of the actions of the few.....

Well said gatgun.

When i was on earlier on THL their were alot of threads that shouldnt of made it on the forum.

One was including an unregistered shotgun, but i think the mods also got fed up with the fact that alot of people were posting pictures of dead fox's that were hunted with dogs which was illegal in the uk( i think)- and they were not covering their backs saying that they shot them etc..

But there was alot of "pouncing" on certain people and i think the mod's eventually gave up on the fact that people were being bullied and stopped the forum.

Im surprised it made it that far tbh But i think the mods were just trying to protect the sport as they had problems with the police.

So they shut it down before anything escollated

Edited by lewismac1

Its a real pity there was some good stuff on there. Didn't post on it much but I visited daily. I suppose it just got too big there were a couple of hundred members on it whenever I logged on, must have been a nightmare to Mod, a full time job I'ld say, especially with the kind of **** that people post. Its a good job that this site is so heavily Modded otherwise it'ld be closed a long time ago, it's ultimately the owner that is responsible for anything on the site so it him that'll get in trouble with the Law for any dodgy goings on or racist tripe that would be posted.

Gotta laugh.

The amount of poop that goes on here about sensorship and heavy handed moderating and it takes people from a shut down forum elsewhere to show what happens when it all goes off or the site owner simply has enough.

Oh the irony.

Anyways, nice to have you chaps over from THL. Welcome.