Footwear for winter shooting

mahmood

pilot boots from meindl are very good but aslo very expensive. im not sure if you can get them in uk.

A good company is also sorel. THey are cheaper than LOWA or Meindl.

I wear at the moment some LOWA boots (170 EUR). They are very comfortable but for the real winter they are not the best.

Another alternative are neopren wellingtons. A friend of mine have some and he is very happy.

Best wishes, Alex

hi m8

i wear pro boots there marine extreme condition boots

very comfortable when worn in ,gortex linning keeps feet dry all day and a thinsulate linning that keeps those toes from knumbing up

the soles are really soft to ,not like walking on 2 house bricks

see them from time to time on ebay ,but new you can expect to pay up £150 :D

Pigeon Pieman,

You are a beauty !!

As I am tall but slim the ordinary style wellies dont fit me round the calf. At the Midland Game fair, recently, I had to buy the cheap Aigle ones as all the thermal ones are too big round the calf for me. But I really wanted thermal ones for the winter.

I have a pair of wet suit boots that I used to use in my snorkelling days. So long as they fit in my Aigles I should be as snug as a bug in a rug.

Thanks.

I have purchased from the Cabelas on-line catalogue shop, with no problems at all.

Make sure you check the postage and packaging costs, on all purchases from overseas.

They can be significant.

I have often found an item on a US website, that is cheaper than the same item in the UK.

However, when you add on postage and packaging, it can be at least the same and sometimes, more expensive.

I have had stuff from Cabelas but I find that Bass Pro online is cheaper and quicker,a scope I ordered, a simmons Diamond mag 44 got to me In Scotland in 3 days.With Bass Pro you look at their website and get the stock number and call them, simple really,they dont have online ordering for outside the states yet.

By the way you can get neoprene sock for you wellies from any good fishing shop,we use them to go in waders as extra comfort in the winter waters.

clanchief

(who is about to get bladdered after doing a weeks nightshift and now has a fortnight off,now where is that malt I hid from lady squire) :D