First bag "or is it a box" of the year

pigeon master

Hello all,

Just got back from a day on the rape with Keith (Kdubya). The wind was strong with small intervals of rain. I set up after Keith showed me which field to shoot and I was ready to go for about 9:40 this morning.

Keith went to another field with a view to keep the birds on the move and within minutes the first two birds were dropped, “ not a double to start off with..no no no”

Just a few singles to warm the barrels up, saying that.. I shot like a lemon for an hour until I realised I was taking the close bird with the tighter choke barrel, I know if your on target you drop them but it makes a difference in your head.

The birds were coming in flocks of about 3-10 with the odd 50+ flocks showing up for a quick fly by. The day just got better and better up until about 12:00 when the birds started to drop off and roost for a siesta.

After that they come in drips and drabs but all in all I had a fantastic day out thanks to Keith, very much appreciated mate.

Finished the day with 35 woodies, 2 off my personal best, chuffed to bits with a 35 bag or box to start off the new year.

The PM

post-11-1104942256.jpg

Glad you made the most of it and just goes to prove a bit CAN be shared out!!!

I got a phone call tonight offering me 3 farms to shoot going for a "little look" tommorrow before work

cheers Keith

Vim,

I'm not taking the bait mate, Just showing the birds I shot as proof. :P

I know I dont need to show them but thats all they are birds in box, out of this box into another box called a freezer, then into another box called an oven. :D

I should've had the gun in the picture though, but I only got one shot before bat's ran out. them digi cams eat batteries like I eat pigeons. :lol:

I see your point though Vim from previous posts. :lol:

Happy days

The PM

Now you see what i mean eh Pigeon master. Lets keep these picture`s rolling of all our legitamate and law abiding exploits. We have nothing to hide and nothing to be afraid of or ashamed of.

There enough scare mongrers amongst us who must be afraid of there own shadow let alone a picture of them selves with a few poxy birds or Rabbits.

But im sure you would agree that picture is better than a box of poxy Clays :lol:

Thats very true Vim, but we must also be aware that the pictures we post do not show an animal that could be in pain or shown as a waste product to be thrown away.

I like your pictures mate but there has been a few that shocked me a little, ie the fox with the dog clamped round its neck, we live in the UK not in the US so we have to be a little more carefull, but you know that already Vim.

I know one thing thing though, if I was a farmer with a vermin problem then I know that you could sort the ******* lot out for sure. You must spend a lot of time enjoying what you do and giving land owners a service, but start the new year Vim with an attitude of giving your know how to others mate and we all could learn something.

Happy days

The PM

I dont own any special knoledge i just get out there and do it.

That fox needed that dog clamping on him :lol: but i must make it clear it was dispatched before hand :lol:

As for spending time out in the field well i was Stalking sunday/Monday. Tuesday checking earths and thats with one "S" :P Yesterday doing home Butchery and how rewarding that is :lol:

Today i was standing gun on a driven pheasnant/ Duck shoot and tommorow morning im out shooting again. Followed by lamping friday night and i might do a little bit of ferreting Saturday.

I have nothing planned after that :D

As for work.. Well i dont :lol:

I dont own any special knoledge i just get out there and do it.

That fox needed that dog clamping on him :P but i must make it clear it was dispatched before hand :lol:

As for spending time out in the field well i was Stalking sunday/Monday. Tuesday checking earths and thats with one "S" :D Yesterday doing home Butchery and how rewarding that is :lol:

Today i was standing gun on a driven pheasnant/ Duck shoot and tommorow morning im out shooting again. Followed by lamping friday night and i might do a little bit of ferreting Saturday.

I have nothing planned after that :lol:

As for work.. Well i dont :lol:

You lucky bleeder :lol:

LB :lol: