clearing up the silage fields

Thumpersniper

post-15481-1237758845.jpg

some moles i shot this morning, tried trapping them last week, got most of them but sorted the cunning ones out with my new Browning.Waited by the freshest mole hill as i was getting the cows in for milking about 5.45am and didnt have to wait more than 10 minutes for them to start rising. As the mole pushed some earth up, flick the saftey off and fire beneath it into the ground, 12g is a total overkill but 100% kill rate so very effective.

Put down a load of traps at work last week.

Gave up shooting them, I swear they must feel you walking as our ones just dont dig when ever anyone stands over a hole.... with a bit of iron or a gun!

Its amazing you got so many so well done :hmm:

is phostoxin different to strycnine? they banned strycnine thats why more people are trapping and stuff. Once evryone runs out of strycnine because you cant buy it anymore they will be more of a problem! If you shoot them make sure you aim under the mole hill or you will miss because he is in the ground.

I shot one with my new hushpower .410 yesterday made a bit less of a crater, you should try one of them in the garden!

My grandfather used this method and I have tried it once or twice (with limited success). You have to be stock still, and I mean STOCK STILL or they will feel the slightest vibration and stay underground.

You only have to tap them on the nose to kill them as their blood does not coagulate therefore the slightest injury will cause them to bleed to death.

Nige

You only have to tap them on the nose to kill them as their blood does not coagulate therefore the slightest injury will cause them to bleed to death.

What an absolute load of ****. Ha ha you must be on a wind - up, did he snigger when he told you that!

Well Sam,

Thought you were a keen shot but Moles! Nevertheless - you method is effective!

Tommo

This reminds me of an embarrassing instance a number of years ago, when I had my GF at that time, over to stay with me at my parents house. She didn’t get to meet my father as he had gone to bed early that night. Well Sunday morning dawned, lying in bed when a shotgun went off in the garden below the bedroom window at around 7am. :good: The GF jump out of bed and said ‘there is a man in his dressing gown and PJ’s holding a smoking gun over a crater in the ground, what hell?? He has deck chair and newspaper…Now he digging furiously at the ground.’ Of course I knew it was my Father getting the mole on the lawn… :angry: She didn’t really understand when I tried to explain.. :good:

Nige

Nige, i have caught a couple alive in traps before and i heard that to and was a bit sceptical, i flicked its nose, it just snorted back at me!!! so dont beleive him!

Tommo, mate i have to fund this expensive hobby somehow :angry: Farmer pays top dollar for killing moles! then i can afford to buy guns and carts for the challenging game!

This reminds me of an embarrassing instance a number of years ago, when I had my GF at that time, over to stay with me at my parents house. She didn’t get to meet my father as he had gone to bed early that night. Well Sunday morning dawned, lying in bed when a shotgun went off in the garden below the bedroom window at around 7am. :good: The GF jump out of bed and said ‘there is a man in his dressing gown and PJ’s holding a smoking gun over a crater in the ground, what hell?? He has deck chair and newspaper…Now he digging furiously at the ground.’ Of course I knew it was my Father getting the mole on the lawn… :angry: She didn’t really understand when I tried to explain.. :good:

haha your dads a legend! my gf insisted on coming with the other morning for an hour, she walks like a young hippopotomus (dont know how shes so noisy shes tiny!) so i left her watching a dry old molehill for a bit incase it moved while i went quietly to the fresh ones :oops: