which decoys should I get?

sv-mark

new to this but I shoot with my mate and he has 12 plastic high detail half shells now I am getting some so we can have a good pattern, so do I get 10 flocked shells from the uk shootwarehouse for £37 - discount with postage or get 12 high detail plastic shells with spring sticks for £22.5 for my local gun shop?

I am in the process of making some floaters/bouncers so some movement will be sorted.

Thanks

You don't want to worry too much about detail, by the time the pigeons are close enough to

notice they should be dead.

I have plastic half shells and full body deeks and have noticed that they defintely work _much_

better when it's overcast. They don't appear to glint or shine too much when it's sunny

but the birds seem put off. With this in mind I'd say to go for the flocked ones.

On the other hand full body deeks are a pain in the **** to carry about. You could get the

hald shells and flock them yourself (kits on ebay).

So, go for the flocked ones if you don't mind the price and size, otherswise the half shells.

Whatever you buy you can also whiten up the neck bars with Tippex, and I've overpainted mine

with UV paint which I think helps too.

Nial.

Just a little tip ~to stop your plastic decoys from shining in the sun,get some womens hairspray,Lacquer or whatever they use spray all over the decoy,this will make them look matt finish.

Do you mean to just 'dust' them with the lacquer?

I reckon that if you give them a good coat it'll form a shiny surface, but if you just dust them

it might cut down the glare.

Or are there different types of lacquer?

Nial

new to this but I shoot with my mate and he has 12 plastic high detail half shells now I am getting some so we can have a good pattern, so do I get 10 flocked shells from the uk shootwarehouse for £37 - discount with postage or get 12 high detail plastic shells with spring sticks for £22.5 for my local gun shop?

I am in the process of making some floaters/bouncers so some movement will be sorted.

Thanks

They are only £30 mate :sick:http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/shop/PIGEO...ng+Sticks..html

was just thinking of ordering them and the total cost inc postage is £38.50 minus the 5%, now TBH I would like them but at nearly double the cost of the plastic I think I will just go with the plastic as I have to buy some other things to, I could always get some jackets later on for them if they do not work.

Thanks for all the advice :hmm: but in the end cost has won :sick: