cammo netting and carts

How to obtain cheap cartridges has been discussed many times on here.

The general opinion is that, unless you can order 10's of 1000's, there are no great savings to be achieved by postal purchasing (the P&P kills it).

Another place to look for cheap cammo netting, is Army Surplus Stores and Exchange and Mart.

I got a 24 foot square cammo net for a FIVER on e bay! Had to collect it but was chuffed to bits. It was very badly marketed. Could easily resell for a lot more.

I get supergame gamebore cartridges and if you order 6000+ they are delivered for free - but they are more than £100/ 1000.

I use the claypigeon on the A37 in Dorset. A couple of years ago I was getting 28g size 7 1/2 for less than £80/ 1000. They worked well and I even used them on game with no problems despite being a smaller shot size than I normally use.

I shoot 28gram 7.5s for all my crow and pigeon shooting and do pretty well, If you look about you should be able to get for less than 90GBP/1000 locally, you may have to buy 5 or 10 thousand.

If you can't get them in the East give me a PM and I'll give you the contact of some people within a couple of hours drive of Edinburg who can.

Army surplas netting can be gotten very cheaply, havy but effective.

Hammy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I'am just taking up pigeon shooting and was just wondering what is the best type of camo netting to use, I have a choice between some army surplus Green netting and some beige Desert camo netting. a friend has told me that the destert camo is the better of the two as pigeons are able to distinguish different shades of green.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

• 1 month later...
I shoot 28gram 7.5s for all my crow and pigeon shooting and do pretty well, If you look about you should be able to get for less than 90GBP/1000 locally, you may have to buy 5 or 10 thousand.

Try here

http://www.bywellshootingground.com/products.asp?ID=741

Directions here

http://uk2.multimap.com/map/aproute.cgi?cl...arttime=15%3A00