The Terminator Hypa Flap Floater... whats the score with these?

swedish chef

Maybe you'd have been better asking the question BEFORE you bought the item! :rolleyes:

Fortune favours the brave my good man! :good:

I watched the video of it before i bought it and i have to say they look bloody good! Very realistic flapping and the way it turns round in the wind as well as bouncing makes it look much better than a normal floater!

Edited by swedish chef

Buy! Buy! Buy! Get all the different kit you can afford. What works one day, wont work the next but if you have something different in the back of the motor you may find the birds will pour in to it, making the day perfect and not a complete flop.

The Pigeons still surprise me to this day, dive bombing a piece of kit one day, completely ignoring it the next, so back to the Landy to try something else. This way you don't go home with just an experience.

Ok thats the hypa / floater explained just shows there is NOTHING new in pigeon shooting some of the lads on here have used hypa's on rods as floaters before in fact I tried it on chris greens rods 3 years ago, my conclusion was they are to light for good movement in light wind (perfect for their design ie on a rotary) and to flappy in strong wind and not enough up and down motion,the real pull of a hypa is when it flaps then glides on a rotary (if set up right) as for the "terminator floater" thats just a play on the chris green floaters, I have chris greens floaters, terminator floaters, and some made by a couple of lads on here :good: in decent wind (only time I now shoot) a few of these and a good smattering of deeks and or sillies does the trick

the full bodied floaters re chris green type work well in wind as designed :oops: due to their ability to turn into it, the extra weight over hypa's gives bounce so giving really good movement the big key in attracting woody and friends, the terminator

floater (not hypa) is a good idea but not developed properly as seeing as it is an attractor designed to work in wind, strong wind kills it!!! see vid and guess which is the terminator and guess which floaters I use :oops:

the second vid shows mags home made floaters in action :) the only ones I now use

cheers KW

th_Production1.jpg

th_massfloaters_0001.jpg

Kdub is absolutely right but have you seen the latest floater on the market?

'The Nemesis' is lighter and more compact and moves even better.

There's a vid on youtube but I don't have a link ATM.

Try a search for the nemesis floating decoy, it should come up.

GH

you should have a link its your back garden :good: looks good

KW

Hmm, they all look good!certainly better than my 6 flocked shells on wobblers which is what im using at the moment!I'm new to pigeon shooting so im looking for bits to add more movement to my pattern without having to shell out for a bulky and expensive magnet!I may have to put a bit of lead on them though by the look of it to weigh it down, and ill have to stop them spinning upside down, Kdubya, how much does chris green charge for his floaters? i may get a couple more after christmas time if the one ive bought does the business!

Edited by swedish chef