Evil Elvis

:) Just started 2 weeks of work , got 3 new games to play including borderlands which Ive been really looking forward to play.......and the ******* xbox goes red ring of death on me!!!! AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :angry:

Get yourself a PS3, I did and never looked back :no:

What am I looking for?

Done that came on, loaded game then game froze within 30 secs and ....red ring back!!!

Get a customer help line number,phone them and explain that you,ve had this xbox as a gift

and you dont have the original garentee...and also the problem you've got with it.

they inturn will send someone out to pick it up!

and it will then go to germany,where microsoft will get it sorted. :angry:

all this for free proberly,and all inside a week.(long live the xbox360) :)

Get yourself a PS3, I did and never looked back :)

I bought it because certain games i wanted werent available on the ps3...belive it or not!!! + I have an extensive xbox libraury which can be played on the 360...well most of them can

Ill give them a ring tomorrow thanks guys!!! I also got a good game for the wii so its not a total loss......................

whats happened it has over heated and the main chip has been unseated from its solder base, as said either wrap it up in towels or start stripping. You can find x box tutorials on you tube on fixing this problem, its very very very common believe it or not with this system, mine was the same, but now fixed by stripping down and tightening the chip down to the base using small bolts, but the towel will work

is it 3 red rings, if so the heat sinks have lost contact with the motherboard, if its under warrenty, send it back, if not, you need to do the x clamp fix, did it to mine around 3 months ago and still working fine

the towel trick is just to make it reset itself, but it wont last....

if your not sure on taking it apart, or buying the bits needed to fix, which are 8 bolts,washers,nylon washers and a tube of artic silver from maplin's at around £15

bring it round to mine, Im quite happy to do for you, no gurantee's of course, but if I can get the green rings back, call it £10, if not, its free

you may struggle to get microsoft to sort it .... i did . as far as im aware its to do with a bad solder joint and a faulty ic and heat sink . my advice throw it in the bin and buy an elite i have had no probs with mine at all . Unless thats what you have the ring of death on then im in trouble !!!!!!!