How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

I shot clays for the second time this year and probably the first time in a small interclub shoot competition in about 7-8 years, I was doing alright with 26/30 then blew it on the last stand, I only hit 5/10, my mind really wasn't on it as I could only fire at every fourth or fifth clay as I was getting a lot of "no-birds". Still finished with 31/40 with a gun I've only used twice and my first time with Eley Lite 21 gram cartridges.

That's a result in my book, roll on the next shoot in two weeks time.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost my concentration completely at the end and ****** up a good card over something as stupid as getting confused over changed shooting order :good:

Just shows how touch and go this concentration lark is for some people (like me)

I was confidently heading for mid to high 80's then lost my rag 5 stands from the end and ended on 79.

No idea what anybody else got :good:

Well shot B325 and JKO, two great scores :good:

Well shot Claybuster, I think he got 87 or 88

I was joint 2nd in B Class when I left, but I can't imagine that'll last.

It was like a PW day out - me, Timps, Anni, Claybuster, JKO, Magman, Maglad, NickyT, Ainsley, Whiskeymac, B325 :lol:

It was 'kin hot :yes:

Only 87 for me today, though I thought it was a good shoot to be fair.

I always say you dont have to make it extream to make people miss them.

Well shot all NORTHERN PW shooters keep it up for next sat they wont know wot's hit em :o :o

Skeet again to day - 97/100 and my first 75 straight

Started badly dropped the pair on stand 1 :good: :good: and then the low house on the pair on 4 to finish the first round on 22 - got my head into gear and straighted the rest

22, 25, 25, 25 - the ton ain't that far away !!!

Edited by Bigweed

Skeet again to day - 97/100 and my first 75 straight

Started badly dropped the pair on stand 1 :good: :good: and the the low house on the pair on 4 to finish the first round on 22 - got my head into gear and straighted the rest

22, 25, 25, 25 - the ton ain't that far away !!!

Nicely done Biggers :good:

Won't be long now, then you'll start getting 100 all the time :yes:

Edited by Chard

Nicely done Diggers :good:

Won't be long now, then you'll start getting 100 all the time :good:

Then ton ain't that easy as i keep seeing - once there i'll concentrate on sporting again - one thing to be said for Skeet is it certainly teaches you to be able to focus

Edited by Bigweed

I started off at Kingsley well but seemed to have dropped more than I thought by the end of play :good: it seemed to take for ever to get round.

Wasn't good wasn't bad :yes: Better than my last few outings out on the registered's :good:

Great shooting JKO :good: Us auto shooters should stick together :o

Edited by Anni

I started off at Kingsley well but seemed to have dropped more than I thought by the end of play :good: it seemed to take for ever to get round.

Wasn't good wasn't bad :yes: Better than my last few outings out on the registered's :good:

Just say you done a 76 :good::lol: :o

Be good to see NickyT and crew post there's :o

Flint today, the missus shot 24/50 :good: , I shot 36/50 all good stuff, few mods to my gun, tell you all about it later, off to the pub for a pint or 3.

Ian i'll pm you back in a bit but yes think so :yes:

Was going but the registered pulled me away :good:

Well shot you and the mrs :good:

Just say you done a 76 :good::blush::angry:

Be good to see NickyT and crew post there's :blush:

Nice to see the lads out in force at Kingsley today :good:

Went round with Ainsley and Whiskeymac; both of whom popped their Kingskey Cherries today.

Put in a 69 myself; Ains a 65 and Whiskeymac a 63 I think.

Fair course all the way round; one that got the better of me today on a few stands but such is life. The company and weather were fantastic so it could have been a lot worse (keg......) :angry:

Best if luck to everyone next weekend at Hodnet :)

Nice to see the lads out in force at Kingsley today :good:

Went round with Ainsley and Whiskeymac; both of whom popped their Kingskey Cherries today.

Put in a 69 myself; Ains a 65 and Whiskeymac a 63 I think.

Fair course all the way round; one that got the better of me today on a few stands but such is life. The company and weather were fantastic so it could have been a lot worse (keg......) :angry:

Best if luck to everyone next weekend at Hodnet :good:

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Don't even think about saying it :)

Shot at Kingsley today with Nicky T and Ainsley and was a decent layout but sweltering heat.

Steady really, I struggled a bit to be honest and seemed to end up with 63, god knows how as it felt like I was going to struggle to break 50. My numbers said 61 but one stand had two extra ticks that the marker had missed :good: , so it should be 63 when the scores go out.

Saw loads of other pigeonwatchers......thought Ainsley shot really nicely; especially given it was his first comp. Nice to see Jay using a 12 bore now and straighting stands. :good:

Got some top advice from Jim on foxing the competition by changing the coloured bands on his chokes. :angry::angry::)

Edited by whiskymac