Beretta Silver Pigeon?????

tasr12

As far as I know most of the 'game' spec SP's are fixed choke and all have a narrow game rib whereas the Sporters are heavier and have a wider rib.

Between the wife and I, we now have 4 (2 x 12g ad 2 x 20g) and I can't fault any of them. Go try one.

Usualy,with a very narrow rib.

Ive never seen a multi choked game gun unless it has been teagued.

I have a 28 inch barrelled 12G SP S game gun and it's very definitely a factory multi choke :good:

My friend just bought a 2003 Silver Pigeon 687 30" multi choke. He hasn't collected it yet but is there any way to distinguish which type of silver pigeon it is? I.e. game/sporter/trap and 1/2/3/4/5?

Also he paid £995 for it from a dealer, is it fair to say that was a pretty good price or would it be fairly average?

• 3 years later...

I've got a 2010 SP1 game 30 inch it has a 6mm narrow rib and it's great.

My advice is buy a new one they really hold their money,I paid less than 1200 for mine new and a 2003 model is 950,it has only depreciated 25 quid a year.

Try the sporter and the game,I liked the lighter gun and the narrow rib.

Edited by gazbev

I have the silver pigeon S, nice bit of wood nothing fancy, no fancy engraving. Game version, 30" barrel, multi choke.

Lovely gun and shoots better than me. Best I've shot is 43/50 a while back. No difference in the feel or shooting of the gun between it and my friend SP V