would it be woth going bunny bashing to nite as there is lots of snow?

robkmx

i have just been out, and have just got back in bloody freezing are my thoughts !!!!!

went out lamping with the .410, it was cold still and clear, the bunnies were very skittish and didn't manage to get a shot off so come home for a coffee

go for it are my thoughts there were plenty out and it beats being in the house in my books

ok **** it i will give it a go im off out for a few hour at 11. think im goin to get laid up near a set because last time i went out in the snow it was hopeless they saw you before you could get anywher near them hope i get one i will keep you posted

I put my logun s16 evo together and crawled around a corner on the field there was a large tastey looking bunny sitting 100mtr away so i got settled in watching it waiting for it to come into range. As i was watching it another 4 bunnys came out. I waited a while and they wouldent come closer into range so i put my lamp on and they came running closer at 60mtr. 3 went into a hole and 2 were sat next to each other with there ears up alert so i took my shot.

and thud, i got a direct hit. a head shot just under the ear at 60 mtr, i was well impresed.

cant wait to get back out. :good:

I always go out when it has been snowing. If it has been propely cold and the surface has frozen, the crunching messes up any chances you have of getting anywhere near a shot, but the tracks left make up for any shooting - by far!

I've found tracks where I thought there were no bunnies at all, which means I will be a bit more carefull how much noise I make next time I'm walking those particular bits of hedges.