dodgy cabinets?

lowlander

i have been saving up for a new gun cabinet for when we move house, but when i mentioned it to one of my mates the other day they said that the place i was supposed to be getting the cabinet from has a reputation of getting cheap cabinets from china that dont pass police checks, does anyone else (who is local to me ) know anything about this?

lowlander

My FEO didnt even take a close look at mine, ive got it in the loft, i opened the loft hatch, didnt even put the ladder down, he said "that looks ok what bolts did you use", told what i used and that was that, it is a bratton sound cabinet but i doubt he could have seen it from where he was standing, i think as long as it looks secure you'll be ok.

i have been saving up for a new gun cabinet for when we move house, but when i mentioned it to one of my mates the other day they said that the place i was supposed to be getting the cabinet from has a reputation of getting cheap cabinets from china that dont pass police checks, does anyone else (who is local to me ) know anything about this?

lowlander

Who knows chap, but if you are concerned take a look here......

http://www.djsproducts.com/

I can guarantee these are all BS7558:1992, AND, I can do you a good deal.

Take a look, anything you fancy PM me and I'll see the best I can do!!

Cheers

If I were you I'd go with a good name or recommendation. Dekers is a good guy and I'd trust him to get you something reasonable, or there's a chap on here called Paul Hart who does Brattonsounds for a good price. I got my safe from Paul.

Either way I'd give the ones in your local shop a miss. If you're not making a great saving then buy something you know you can trust :sad1:

will the djs ones be ok for a rifle :):)

lowlander

I think you will find most of the dimensions shown. Those with Locking tops or shelves are primarly designed for rifles!

I have the , GB7/9DLT, extra deep, locking top, it takes ALL my rifles with scopes and Moderators FITTED. From memory it's about 51 inches internally BELOW the locking top section!

Of course you need to check if you have a VERY VERY long barrel!

If I were you I'd go with a good name or recommendation. Dekers is a good guy and I'd trust him to get you something reasonable, or there's a chap on here called Paul Hart who does Brattonsounds for a good price. I got my safe from Paul.

Either way I'd give the ones in your local shop a miss. If you're not making a great saving then buy something you know you can trust :oops:

Personal Message Paul Hart on this forum :angry: :( :blink: The old guy will give you the best deal :oops::lol::lol: :lol: