A good choice of gun?

joeainscow

I`m still trying to work out whether that`s theft, obtaining a pecuniary advantage, deception or one of the other obscure sections of the Theft Act.

None. UCAS even recommend doing it if you can. Every student is entitled to a interest free loan each year of study non means tested. This comes to about £7000. You then apply for non repayable grants on top if you wish to. You can spend it on what ever you like. Even if it was illegal (which it isn't) what is there to differentiate between the student loan and my parents money. Both go directly into my current account. I could just be saving my parents money. Can i also point out in the summer i work 52 hour weeks for 10 weeks on £4.36 an hour!! It's not only my parents money funding me. I have to work longish hours to ensure i don't have to dip into my loan.

Joe

Edited by joeainscow

Well he'l be paying it back, and mate im sorry to break it to you but the interest rate on the loan will be going up every year so your not making £400, probs just breaking even. I urge you to cancel the ******* thing if you dont absolutley need it! Everyone thinks its interest free but its not at all.

I owe £60 for each year i have the loan out. So i've earned £340. Well thats what was added on to last years.

Has anyone got any advice on value for money in regards to buying a secondhand gun?

Joe

hey joe I would be surprised if you'll get much gun advice in this thread I can foresee a juicey off topic rant building judging by the posts so far! Good luck wish I had 2.5k to spend on a gun!

I think i'll just delete the part of my post about the loan if it means i'm not going to get any advice. Just thought i'd explain i'm not some spoilt child with too much money to spend.

Joe

I did the same and bought my first car. You go for it mate. Your calling i an accountant.

Buy yourself a nice berretta or a classic english sxs that you can keep forever if you have that type of money

I've also been looking at a very tight s682. An old gun but won't decrease in value. Only £900 too. Someone said it could even increase in value in a few years if looked after properly?

"How is it theft? The lads using his napper and fair play to him if he wants to spend money he's entitled to (and will pay back) on a gun." Cheers Wes :-) I'm planning to have paid off the the money i used for the gun within 5 years. I can pay the rest back in a lump sum and not be penalized for it.

Joe

Edited by joeainscow

You've done right my head master told our whole year if are parents would fund us get the loan, get the interest and then pay it off as soon as you leave uni thus avoiding the interest payments and making a tidy profit :big_boss: now as for i gun if i had this money spend on a gun i know little of the f3s but would go for a british side by side all the best with the search :good:

George

I find it strange that you need to share your finances with the rest of the world, especially when you seem to answer your own question on the gun your looking at! if it fits and its a nice gun what more do you need to know?

I'm not in favour of the catty attitude that sometimes appears on this site. But you seem to have left yourself open for attack. When you could of just asked a question about the gun itself. Instead you have come across as arrogant.

Please don't think i'm on the attack, but i too am thinking of purchasing a blaser and would of liked to hear some feedback!

I've never actually shot a side by side :good: I want to mainly use it on clays. Are SxS any good for that? I'd assume the barrels block out the target? Cheers for the advice though.

Joe

EDIT

"I find it strange that you need to share your finances with the rest of the world, especially when you seem to answer your own question on the gun your looking at! if it fits and its a nice gun what more do you need to know?

I'm not in favour of the catty attitude that sometimes appears on this site. But you seem to have left yourself open for attack. When you could of just asked a question about the gun itself. Instead you have come across as arrogant.

Please don't think i'm on the attack, but i too am thinking of purchasing a blaser and would of liked to hear some feedback!"

I was hoping to not come across as spoilt and arrogant by explaining how i could afford it and not pass it off as just some money. Mite of shot myself in the foot then. It's just if i had said i'm after a blaser then i expected several post saying that i'm spoilt ect? In regards to making my mind up, i'm far from it. I want to ensure that what i get is perfect for me. I've heard only ever positive or negative comments regarding the F3. There's no middle ground?

Joe

Edited by joeainscow

The loan isn't interest free but is lower interest than any other loan you can get. And you're lucky to have an account that is still giving 6% too! Mine went from that to about 0.5% last year.

All the time you're enrolled in University you can get a student loan out, but doesn't mean you have to use it.

And get any gun with than money.

I recently got a SxS and it took a little bit of getting used to. It does block it a bit, but then you're looking at the target and not the barrels anyway. Just have to makes sure you're looking with the bead as your reference point and the the edge of the barrel which I think is what I was doing.

Edited by George1990

get youself a good new browning 525 or similar. mk38 a heck of alot of gun for the money as well. will shoot a lifetime for you. plus you would be buying new, instead of going for the second hand blaser, which although nice guns, i feel they are a tad over rated, go for the browning,mirook stable. both same gun basically, you will not be disappointed

If what the lad says is true then give him a break. He's got a good head on his shoulders. I'd rather be lending him money to invest than paying a scummer to sit at home. If he does well he'll more than pay it back in income tax anyway :good:

Edited by njc110381

get youself a good new browning 525 or similar. mk38 a heck of alot of gun for the money as well. will shoot a lifetime for you. plus you would be buying new, instead of going for the second hand blaser, which although nice guns, i feel they are a tad over rated, go for the browning,mirook stable. both same gun basically, you will not be disappointed

A few of my friends off the forum suggested browning and mirook. Apparently they're made in the same factory in Japan??

Has no one any views on the S682??

Joe

Lol in previous post you say you have win 101 if its jap model stick with it fine gun

,quote.

Hi,

I've decided to use my first gun a lot more. I have a weird emotional bond to the thing and can't bring myself to sell it or even use it if there's a suggestion of rain! It's a 20+ yr old winchester 101. (is there anyway of dating it ect?) It had no but pad. Just the vacuum formed plastic end with Winchester on it. After 150 carts my shoulder starts to tingle so i dropped it off today for a kick eez to be fitted. I got all measured up and should be ready on wed. It's costing me £70. Is that an ok price??

Joe

Lol in previous post you say you have win 101 if its jap model stick with it fine gun

,quote.

Hi,

I've decided to use my first gun a lot more. I have a weird emotional bond to the thing and can't bring myself to sell it or even use it if there's a suggestion of rain! It's a 20+ yr old winchester 101. (is there anyway of dating it ect?) It had no but pad. Just the vacuum formed plastic end with Winchester on it. After 150 carts my shoulder starts to tingle so i dropped it off today for a kick eez to be fitted. I got all measured up and should be ready on wed. It's costing me £70. Is that an ok price??

Joe

I love the 101 :-) and yeah it does say made in japan on the barrels. I thought that wold make it less valuable. Just assumed one made in america would be a better gun? It's just really light and has too short a barrels for my liking so seems really lively.

Joe

A few of my friends off the forum suggested browning and mirook. Apparently they're made in the same factory in Japan??

Has no one any views on the S682??

Joe

yes most of them made in same factory but not all. i have no opinions on berettas. yes they are soundly built guns i know that. what is this s 682 tho?? wats the s? it must be the old silver action 682? i prefer them to the modern day 682 gold es. purebred competition guns, heavier too, which aint at all bad for the clays