Working at Gleneagles

Beardo

Stayed there a few times.

Asked about the clayshooting and just smiled when they told me how much,but then again the price of everything there is silly.Got a round of drinks 6 in total,2 pints and 4 whisky's......£112.15p :lol:

was it 25 year old macallan? even so it shouldnt have been more than 50 ! (tenner a dram, fiver a pint.)

Stayed there a few times.

Asked about the clayshooting and just smiled when they told me how much,but then again the price of everything there is silly.Got a round of drinks 6 in total,2 pints and 4 whisky's......£112.15p :hmm:

Is this where the Scotish Parlament got its ideas on cutting down on binge drinking. :hmm:

One round costs as much as the whole night out did before. :hmm:

• 3 weeks later...

had an hour free this morning for the first time, and as the wife had forbidden me to shoot last weekend when i was home i bit the bullet and had a shoot at Gleneagles.

Stunning location overlooking the glen up towards the mountains and a great instructor John.

Shot reasonably well and learnt a whole load - never shot Ptarmigan (white clay, random angle riser from beneath you) or Grouse (random angle towards and above you) on Sporting before, so that was a fun new experience.

Edited by nickbeardo

I was there many years ago on a Corporate weekend, I was the only guest who didn't play golf and so I was invited to shoot clays.

At that time the clay shooting was something to do with Jackie Stewart and I was able to shoot a couple of the Sporting stands with one of a pair of .410's he had made.

Quite an experience and I agree on the spectacular views, I was also able to see some hawks working that weekend.

• 3 months later...

The £7.50 is for 25 clays and cartridges

As already said it is a stunning site and a huge variety of targets. Tuition is also excellent.

They also run a shooting club

£475 a year.

that includes 500 clays and cartridges and instruction.

1 day fishing for yourself and 3 guests

1 day air rifle for yourself and 3 guests

1 day Archery for yourself and 3 guests

Also 1 members only shoot day, 10% off all purchases and reduced room rates

Not the cheapest of sites but not that expensive if you stay away from the bar, well worth going for that special occasion