28g cheapies

il say this before i leave this topic as it is getting tiresome now teaching you guys. i can kill pigeons with 7,5s 28g. consistently at range. you guys say it cannot be done, but i know that it can. so you see i know who is WRONG! you would know too if you ever tried them yourself, but you are to afraid of the unknown. oh and mc, whenever you have represented your country at shooting, and reached AA class, then i may give your shooting knowledge a little more credit. but i wouuld doubt it. some people are just ignorant i guess. you most certinly are

And you wonder where the animosity comes from? If you don't know the answer now then you really are stupid.

Come on then big boy, if you have represented your country in anything other than masterbating then let us know who you are and prove it.

But answer me another question while you are at it, Is Jenson Button an engineer?

No he isn't and it just goes to show you can reach the top by knowing **** all.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hmm: I simply mean that you are nuts if you expect me to believe that 14grains of powder with no7's will produce the same kinetic energy as a 20grain no 6 cartridge, im not actually saying that you are nuts full stop!!

Its not about the speed, its about momentum, the speed is irrelevant, the heavier no6 will have more transferred kinetic energy at impact than a no 7 which would deliver a higher amount of energy at the point of impact which is what does the most damage ................its all about physics not ballistics :good:

Momentum is a result of mass and velocity as is kinetic energy. I dont understand why you are obsessing with the weight of the powder charge. What will go deeper into you a nail at 100mph or a brick? The brick has more enrgy for sure but the nail will penetrate much further therefore reaching vital organs. 7.5 is smaller so will penetrate deeper.

:good: In theory, but I truly believe that the no 7 will lose far more kinetic energy making the impact far less severe resulting in birds that are not shocked enough by the impact to fly on and die 2 feilds later rather than get the full wack from a larger projectile dissipating far more kinetic energy therefore using the shock/impact factor to make the death more instant :hmm:

Momentum is a result of mass and velocity as is kinetic energy. I dont understand why you are obsessing with the weight of the powder charge. What will go deeper into you a nail at 100mph or a brick? The brick has more enrgy for sure but the nail will penetrate much further therefore reaching vital organs. 7.5 is smaller so will penetrate deeper.

There is a huge difference between a nail and a brick, and to be honest I would rather be hit by a nail at 100MPH than a brick. Yet where your theory falls over is that if the nail and brick were fired at the same velocity when they got to 40 yards the brick would still have far more energy than the nail and would thereofre do more damage.

:blink: you really are a touchy old soul arent you mc.

No not at all, I just find it amusing that you come on here, try and shout people down and then make claims that you are some kind of champion clay shooter when in reality you have been shooting a year or so and know jack ****.

And you wonder where the animosity comes from? If you don't know the answer now then you really are stupid.

Come on then big boy, if you have represented your country in anything other than masterbating then let us know who you are and prove it.

But answer me another question while you are at it, Is Jenson Button an engineer?

No he isn't and it just goes to show you can reach the top by knowing **** all.

No need to resort to threats of homosexuality, that's taking it a step too far :blink: :good:

so is that a fact then mc? you know this then do you? stop talking like a child will you

Yes OK I am the one who won't say who I am or back up the lies about representing their country and being an AA class shooter and you have the nerve to say I am talking like a child.

So as has been said lots of times, come on stand up and be counted or just fade away into insignificance where you really belong.

And why is it that you are signed in anonimously? and haven't filled out anything in your profile? Are you scared of something?

It's simple. Ask a top **** clay shooter if he'll use 9s on a distant edge on crosser. Chances are he'll not and use something larger instead, like 7.5s assuming because it has more downrange omph than 9s.

Now back to pigeons, why use a cart that could limit that down range omph? You don't, it's live quarry and being a responsible shooter you do everything you can do to limit your chances of anything but a clean kill, hence the typical load of 6s for pigeons/pheasants etc.

I'm sure 7.5 will do the job to a point, but if you have the availability of a better all range cart then why not use it? There's a cart out there for every job at little difference in cost per 'bang'. Show some respect for your quarry and use them.

wrong :blink:

the energy is dissipated evenly (ish) as the object passes through the material in question. A brick at 100 mph has a huge amount of kinetic energy, whereas a nail only has a fraction. Now, the nail may provided penetration due to the much smaller surface area contacting the material, but the energy exerted to the material by the brick is still much much higher. Penetration does not kill outright.

If you were to take the time to read through some of the american stuff on self defence cartridges, you would get a much better idea about energy transfer than I can impart, but the facts remain the same. When a round impacts flesh, the energy of that projectile is transferred to the flesh, and this energy travels through the flesh, causing significant cellular damage. This instigates massive organ failure, which kills the subject in question. As mammalian cells are roughly 90% water, the energy is transferred as a longitudinal wave through the flesh. It is therefore not necessary for the projectile to penetrate to kill. Using your argument, the nail may penetrate the flesh, and cause internal bleeding, but the the brick will kill

(its waffly, I know)

:good:

It's simple. Ask a top **** clay shooter if he'll use 9s on a distant edge on crosser. Chances are he'll not and use something larger instead, like 7.5s assuming because it has more downrange omph than 9s.

Now back to pigeons, why use a cart that could limit that down range omph? You don't, it's live quarry and being a responsible shooter you do everything you can do to limit your chances of anything but a clean kill, hence the typical load of 6s for pigeons/pheasants etc.

I'm sure 7.5 will do the job to a point, but if you have the availability of a better all range cart then why not use it? There's a cart out there for every job at little difference in cost per 'bang'. Show some respect for your quarry and use them.

It's hit nail on the head time,

That is it in a nutshell Mark, beneeliboy doesn't get much pocket many and therefore has to use the cheapest cartridges he can buy. He cannot answer any questions asked of him because his dad has gone out for the evening.

mc you will just have to toss and turn all night knowing that i am telling the truth deep in your heart, and im not lying at all, and am a AA class competitor. it may eat you up inside but there it is. i dont see the point in giving you any more information about myself to be honest. why on earth should i have anything to prove to you

It doesn't bother me at all, as I have already said Jenson Button got to be world champion by not being an engineer. I am sure that you "Could" get to AA class without knowing anything about shooting.

I just think you are a lame excuse for a person and a liar, and you have failed to prove otherwise. Is it nice being a sad and bitter little man?