I give up

ollie

Well if his condition is to be supervised then he needs to be supervised.

But the FEO advised me today that I only need written permission for 1 piece of land to get the gun and after that I just need verbal permission for the other farms I shoot. Obviously if you get a .243 for deer and get caught shooting foxes with it then you're in trouble.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just needed 1 farm when i sent away for the hornet , i put on my application i wanted the 22 hornet for fox , it says on my FAC that the .22 hornet brno rifle is resrtricted to sporting purposes and vermin control on lands for which the holder has lawful authority to shoot over the holder must ensure the land is suitable for this type and calibre of firearm, . so that means any farmer who gives me permission i can use the hornet on their land to control anything classed as vermin dosent mention anything about NEEDING WRITTEN PERMISSION FOR EACH FARM ,

Edited by monkeyboots

i just needed 1 farm when i sent away for the hornet , i put on my application i wanted the 22 hornet for fox , it says on my FAC that the .22 hornet brno rifle is resrtricted to sporting purposes and vermin control on lands for which the holder has lawful authority to shoot over the holder must ensure the land is suitable for this type and calibre of firearm, . so that means any farmer who gives me permission i can use the hornet on their land to control anything classed as vermin dosent mention anything about NEEDING WRITTEN PERMISSION FOR EACH FARM ,

That's what I'm sayin mate. There were people who told me that if you got stopped by the police with the rifle and you were a big didtance from the farm named on your cert you mite get in trouble. But the FEO confirmed today that that wasn't the case at all.

That's what I'm sayin mate. There were people who told me that if you got stopped by the police with the rifle and you were a big didtance from the farm named on your cert you mite get in trouble. But the FEO confirmed today that that wasn't the case at all.

Dan I think it depends whether your FAC is open or not. Obviously she has granted you open status, but there are some people who are tied down to the permission they included with their application.

Dan I think it depends whether your FAC is open or not. Obviously she has granted you open status, but there are some people who are tied down to the permission they included with their application.

I think we're all open this side of the water mate...

Just an update on my situation. The FEO came out on Saturday to view my cabinet (I was working), so called her today to make sure everything was ok and she has the land checked and everything is ok on her side so she has sent it back to Lisnasharragh. So I will hopefully have the FAC back in the not too distant future, depending on how quick those lazy ******** in Lisnasharragh get it processed. I must say our FEO has been very helpful and easy to deal with, pity I couldn't say the same for the Firearms Department.

Just an update on my situation. The FEO came out on Saturday to view my cabinet (I was working), so called her today to make sure everything was ok and she has the land checked and everything is ok on her side so she has sent it back to Lisnasharragh. So I will hopefully have the FAC back in the not too distant future, depending on how quick those lazy ******** in Lisnasharragh get it processed. I must say our FEO has been very helpful and easy to deal with, pity I couldn't say the same for the Firearms Department.

I'll plus 1 that mate. She's first class, I applied a couple of weeks before u though and it could be months before I get my permit! :):good:

have to agree, he said it goes back to lisnasharagh licensing it was up to them now.

Well my FEO told me that my form was going back to Lisnasharragh, it better not take another 3 months :mad: . My FAC expires on Paddy's Day and I intend to call the FEO if I haven't heard anything by then.

• 2 weeks later...
So guys, any word back from all applications yet.?

Hi mate, I phoned the FEO on Monday and apparently there has been a monumental **** up with my application. Basically the time she came out she checked my cabinet and Lisnasharagh hadn't bother to tell her I had an application in. So it was a good job I called her because she needs to come back out to see me. I just can't believe how incompetent those employees at Lisnasharagh are, so god knows how much longer I have to wait.

Hi mate, I phoned the FEO on Monday and apparently there has been a monumental **** up with my application. Basically the time she came out she checked my cabinet and Lisnasharagh hadn't bother to tell her I had an application in. So it was a good job I called her because she needs to come back out to see me. I just can't believe how incompetent those employees at Lisnasharagh are, so god knows how much longer I have to wait.

Absoluetly useless, oh to be employed in the silly service!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

IVE HAD MY LETTER GUYS THIS MORNING, Approval has been granted for the following calibres, .223 centrefire and .22 rimfire. AH WELL IT ONLY TOOK 6 MONTHS. I Had that gut feeling i was getting the letter this morning, but never would have guessed both guns were approved, now for some shopping. :blink: :lol:

Edited by mayfly36