Opinions of Beretta Ultralight

gixer1

I have one and love it. Obviously its personel opinion but I put 32 6's all day long and dont find it uncomfortable. Yes it thumps more than a heavier gun, but my Personnel opinion is that its not that much more.

I use mine a lot and its great if you are doing a lot of walking around and add that to the great Beretta Quality and you cant go wrong.

Cheers :unsure:

I have had woman turn up with them because their husband has bought them a nice lite gun to shoot with so they can shoot together. That sounds nice enough. But the reality is that if you put anything bigger than a 24g through it they kick like a mule. Ok to walk around the field with and crack at a few bunnies and the odd pigeon but if your going to shoot clays it`s not a good idea really.

I have one and love it, fair enough there is a bigger kick than a normal weight 12bore but its perfect for rough shooting. I shoot pheasants with 32g 6's and the shoulder can be a bit sore the next day but i have just fitted gel-tek pad and its helped a fair bit.

Honest opinion, Rough shooting - cant beat it, driven days/pigeon shooting - better with a normal weight beretta.

Paul

why do you want it? if its carrying it a fair way you'd probably be better off with a 20 bore

I already have a 20b Lincoln Alex, to be honest I was looking for a good quality keep-for-a-long-time 12b O/U and the majority of my shooting is walked up or rough, I don't do alot of driven days....I shot with my friends Ultralight the other day at a few clays and it was one of those "instantly felt right" moments....

I bought the 20b for a similar reason that I shot with a friends Beretta 20b and liked it but then saw the Lincoln and liked the look of it... :unsure:

Regards,

Gixer

Love mine. Great for walking about all day with. Youhave to be careful what you put up it by all accounts but I use another couple of guns for wildfowling (steel etc). Have used it on clays all day too and can honestly say it hasnt been a problem. :unsure:

If you were anywhere near I'd say you could come and have a go.

My Dad decided to buy one of these for my older brother as he is 6 foot 4 and 10 1/2 stone so my dads logic was get him a light gun and he loves it. It the delux version and look far higher spec than any other of the silver pigeons i have seen even the V's and got a good price on it as people aren't keen because of the idea of the recoil but as said he is 6 4 and 10 1/2 stone and has no problem at all with 30g 6's all day long.

George

??? Doubledischarge who is a member on here has one, she loves it,she quite a small woman(well most of her is, she does have built in recoil pads) ansd she loves hers, i have fired it and it does kick a little more than a clay gun but its a stunning gun and a joy to shoot, she has the ultralite delux extra wood...sexy little gun!! :angry: