New Toy

Lez325

pes soundmod ive just been offered the same one for mine.how does it handle with it on is it very heavy at the front?

also what lenght barrel is it?

just trying to imagine how far back it will come on mine.

Edited by SPARKIE

pes soundmod ive just been offered the same one for mine.how does it handle with it on is it very heavy at the front?

It is a heavy moderator- its the PES T12 ( 12 baffles and strippable too) but the scope sems to balance it all up- I just didnt like the bling factor - hence the no mark cammo tape

found this review on the T12 PES

The PES T12 is an over-the-barrel type and is a solidly built 38mm diameter moderator in stainless steel with a removable rear expansion chamber to allow cleaning and thread change. It’s noise reduction was excellent and the smaller diameter and shorter rear length means the extra 800g sits well back and is well-balanced. , the PES Large Muzzle Can’s bigger primary expansion chamber takes the sting out of the hot gases before they pass down the baffles - restricts the volume of expanding gases. This PES offers really good noise reduction with a stainless steel single point mounting construction, proving simplicity is often the best option. It is not too long and is good value for money at around £270.

Les :good:

Edited by Lez325

Looks good Les. Is it the T3 Lite ? If so, how heavy does it feel ? Im hoping to order a T3 Lite this week in .243.

All the best

BB

I find it just right with the scope- although Im selling the PES T12 mod as its a little too long and shiney for my liking

Les :good:

I find it just right with the scope- although Im selling the PES T12 mod as its a little too long and shiney for my liking

Les :yes:

Thanks Les,

Just got back from the sweet shop - sorry, I mean gun shop ! I ordered a Tikka T3 Hunter .243 with a Wildcat mod. Should be in and ready within a few weeks. Be interested to know how you get on please.

Thanks

BB

Im out Sunday so I'll keep you guys posted and yes it is an M595 Stainless my mistake- looking for a T4 ot T8 moderator now or possibly a DM 80 :good:

I had a DM on my 17 HMR and was inpressed with it- still have the PES Scout to sell as the buyer yesterday ( not on this Forum) has no cash till next week- so I'll be putting it up for sale again today- unless I can do a deal with my RFD on something more suitable

The PES T 12 Scout is a very good Moderator and not cheap @ £270 just a little too long in my opinion- does the job though ( if you like bling) :yes::lol:

Les :lol:

:blink: nice rifle mate i own one in the hunter stock such a light weight rifle and handles like a dream it is what i always take lamping with me as i have so much confidence with it the furthest i have shot a fox is 280 yrds i would not change it for anything i keep thinkinf of putting a t8 on it but do not want to mess up the handling of the rifle!!

same mod on my T3 222. a friend has the same rifle with a big reflex mod but i like my pes better. there is no lamp flash when the tracer max is on top. there is no metallic ping like he has with his. only down side with mine is it is stainless and un stripable a soak over night in cheap cola sorts out the cleaning, then a rinse and warm up of a radiator for a few hours. would like to find a rubber camo sleeve to slip over the mod rather than old bike inner tube.

all the best

Phil.

you can buy a PES moderator sleeve in camo for around £10

heres a link Phil - http://www.pro-shooting.co.uk/prod02.htm

I have a T8 coming from a mate- just to see if I like it before I commit to buying one- I appreciate I'll have to re-zero the rifle if I swap mods - I just find the PES a little heavy for my liking- I know people swear by the performance though and I am impressed with the amount of moderation the PES provides - no tinny sound like a reflex mod - in fact its not that much louder than my 17 HMR :bye2:

Les :angry:

PS can anyone tell me how often I should clean the barrel on the .222- ( number of rounds etc) Thanks in advance

Les :angry:

Edited by Lez325

a friend runs his with the T8, rest of rifle is the same and with the same ammo. i dont like the ping it gives off, it seams louder as well but i think if he was to add a cover then it would help a lot.

other reason i like the slim pez is that i done get light washout when lamp is scope mounted.

i use tripod stalking sticks when out so balance isnt to much worry with it.

thanks for the heads up on mod covers Lez. do you know if they do a full moderator cover, that one on there site looks like my trousers.lol.

thanks again

Phil.