met my first anti today

retromlc

Yup shooting on farm land,approached by a man today,who was standing in an adjoining field,who asked me too many questions,claimed my truck was on his land and wasn't going to let me drive back over it,even though it's a right of way and I was parked right up against the farmers access gate to the field I was shooting in?I stayed polite,even when he refered to me as "your type",what type is that I thought,is it the 45 yr old man who runs is own business,employs 6 people,pays too much tax,has a morgage,wife and kids and is allowed to be where he is at that moment in time, type?

I packed my stuff up and moved half a click away,I was half expecting the A.R.V team to pitch up and arrest me.

I think he was getting stressed out as my words were as big as his and I smiled all the time.

Another happy day in the countryside.

Yup shooting on farm land,approached by a man today,who was standing in an adjoining field,who asked me too many questions,claimed my truck was on his land and wasn't going to let me drive back over it,even though it's a right of way and I was parked right up against the farmers access gate to the field I was shooting in?I stayed polite,even when he refered to me as "your type",what type is that I thought,is it the 45 yr old man who runs is own business,employs 6 people,pays too much tax,has a morgage,wife and kids and is allowed to be where he is at that moment in time, type?

I packed my stuff up and moved half a click away,I was half expecting the A.R.V team to pitch up and arrest me.

I think he was getting stressed out as my words were as big as his and I smiled all the time.

Another happy day in the countryside.

Should have offered him a few birds you shot, as a peace offering and to show theres no hard feelings :oops:

people should just mind their own business, shooters dont go up to anti's telling them theres something wrong with them cuz they dont shoot, so why do it to us! Had an argument in work with a colleague before about going out after a fox that was eyeing up my hens. He claimed that i was a horrible ******* because foxes are rare lol. Never got the fox maybe they went extinct?

I suspect that he was the landowner who actually owned the right of way. Remember that a right of way is just that, a right of passage. It does not give you the right to park on it. He probably, like me, gets fed up with people parking on his tracks. I would suggest next time you open the gate to your permission and park in your farmers field.

Charlie

I suspect that he was the landowner who actually owned the right of way. Remember that a right of way is just that, a right of passage. It does not give you the right to park on it. He probably, like me, gets fed up with people parking on his tracks. I would suggest next time you open the gate to your permission and park in your farmers field.

Charlie

yes I considered that,that's why i moved,I parked there as i'd been instructed to do so.I too own the private road in front of my property,and cars are allowed access,but not to park,however there are better ways to address people,and I personally would never speak to a stranger like that,his whole attitude was comfrontational.

I had a keeper like that a few months back but slightly different argument, the guy seemed to have decided I was irresponsible and pointed out a load of cod's wollap to back his judgement (and shew who was the irresponsible one) I let him speak down to me for 10 mins and resisted the temptation to remind him which of the two of us was holding a 12bore at the time. In the end he said "you might as well stay for the afternoon but I'm not happy, not happy at all" beautiful day's shooting ruined I packed up and told the land owner what had happened, never been back - farmer wants it shot but keeper thinks farmer's got no right to ask me to shoot it; not my problem, they can sort it out themselves. I shoot on more of the farmer's land and can do without idiots like that spoiling my day.

Fair play to you and hope that's the end of it :good: