RED FILTERS

peek-at

I have a scope mounted torch on my rifle which gives me about 50mtrs.......

The lense is only about the size of a 50p piece.

Is there anything I could use as a red filter in the 'home made' department without spending a fortune, or has anyone got a small piece of spare red filter film that i could have?

thanks

Be aware though it may knock the range down considerably. I have an Ultrafire torch which is good for about 250yards unfiltered, it's down to about 50 with a Ledray GL2 red filter on. Have yet to try the amber but that should be better.

Edited by Colster

Fair play to you for trying that. Be carefull and not eat to many trying to find the best colour :drinks:

works a treat mate, toffee penny is my favourite so tried that first and its great the strawberry flavoured ones with the red wrapper come out a bit pink but i've not tried it on the rabbits to see if they mind. i've also done the same for my ledlenser v2 proffesional torch i'm just waiting for the pressure switch to arrive so i two colours mounted on the hushpower. i'm sure there is plenty of other alternatives but non which involve stuffing your self with sweets in the name of our sport :good: