Banger ropes

Billy1

I know this has been discussed on a previous post but i have just purchased some and plan to use them on Saturday for the first time and have a few questions which were not covered,

1 - How do you secure them in the middle of a field or can you lay them across the ground?

2 - Do you position them before setting up and then once set up nip round and light them then?

3 - I know this may seem stupid but if you pack up before the complete rope has burnt through is there anyway in which you can save the remaining bangers [ as i said this may be a very stupid question but as i have never used them i will ask anyway]

Cheers

I know this has been discussed on a previous post but i have just purchased some and plan to use them on Saturday for the first time and have a few questions which were not covered,

1 - How do you secure them in the middle of a field or can you lay them across the ground?

2 - Do you position them before setting up and then once set up nip round and light them then?

3 - I know this may seem stupid but if you pack up before the complete rope has burnt through is there anyway in which you can save the remaining bangers [ as i said this may be a very stupid question but as i have never used them i will ask anyway]

Cheers

1. Hang the banger rope on a stick

2. I normally postion and light them before i set up

3. If you pack up before the rope has burnt out,cut the rope ,but be careful that the next bang aint going to go off,and as already said its normally 30 mins between bangs,but this very much depends on the wind,can be a lot less between bangs on a windy day,for obvious reasons.

and if youve finished shooting and leaving your permission,either cut the rope and save for your next outing,or make sure you put the rope out and remove,dont leave it to just burn out when you aint there,especially in the summer months when the ground is dry,or if you have public footpaths/bridleways on your permission (this is for obvious reasons) and nothing to do with being a cheap skate

Edited by Bluebarrels

I can vouch on how loud these are, they will hurt yours ears if one goes off in close proximity, would recommend ear defenders when approaching a burning rope to put it out.

I use these on landfill sites, I pull the bangers off the rope, and use the rope as a lighted wick, I have strategic points all around the site to place a banger as and when needed to disperse the birds...and when I feel silly..one or two wrapped in clay go in a lagoon for that satisfying depth charge impersonation .............. :oops::good::good:

ATB

Tony