How many foxes killed by PW members 2010?

Beretta28g

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just had 2 tonight, both with the Bruno .222 and both not long before dusk. The first was a young vixen that was mooching around an area I had been asked to keep an eye out for as the neighbouring farmer had been losing poultry to a fox that he thought had come down from the permission I was on. I done know if this was the "guilty party" but if it was she isn't going to take any more chickens as 50gr Softpoint between her front legs dropped her on the spot. The second was near the farm just as it was getting dark, almost too dark to carry on but I noticed the movement in the distance and managed to call it in with the mirror and polystyrene. This was another young vixen which was a bit on the thin and scrawny side. Maybe I did her a favour with a clean head shot from about 35 yards!

My total for this year is now 36

PW Members (Recorded) total for 2010 is now 1026

A damn near perfect day. Picked up my new Browning X-Bolt in .243, a shiny new Zeiss Duralyt and a ASE Northstar mod then went for a wander with the hummer and shot 5 rabbits and a lovely dog fox who took a 17gn Hornady to the vitals. Now sitting and sipping a 10 year old single malt. Perfick or what?

A great night out for me and Stokeshooter another 2 fox shot with the 223 . And one very happy farmer as these pair have become more and more brave and have even chased his daughters dog across the farm yard .