How many foxes killed by PW members 2010?

Beretta28g

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 since my last report, the most recent one was tonight - A big dog fox that we spotted running straight towards the lambing shed while I was in there talking to the farmer. The fox seemed that determined that I had to give it a quick "bark" when it was about 30 yards from us to get it to stop. A 17HMR straight between the eyes dropped it on the spot, much to the delight of the farmer who was watching.

My total for so far this year is now 12

Total so far this year for Pigeon Watch 378

Not been so many about lately, we had 3 blank nights in March. They seem to be coming back in force now though. We had a dog and two vixens 22nd March, two dogs on 2nd April,, a dog and a vixen 6th April, a vixen 8th April, then a dog and two vixens last night. Total eleven.

Andy

Edited by Doggone

Had a good ride round on some bits we haven't looked at for a while tonight, saw a couple but didn't quite get in the right place at the right time, we'll catch up with them another night Shot a dog and a vixen on a new bit of land Saturday night, third time we'd been, first time we'd seen foxes. the dog fox was blind in one eye, seemed strange seeing a reflection of only one eye. Had a posse of farmhands and the bosses son after us, because the boss had forgotten to mention we were going. All good natured thank goodness.

Andy