monster hold-all decoying bag

bunny_blaster

ive got one mate and the bottom fell out of it :hmm: but this wasnt due to it been of bad quality,it was due to me ramming too much kit into it :hmm: ive now reinforced the bottom and its spot on,however i dont put so much kit into it nowadays :good: like the above post, i try and use a couple of bags now :yes: BB

That is the danger of the one big bag.

It can end up being almost impossible to lift and too bulky to carry.

Spot on,but we all try our luck and learn the hard way :yes: just bear in mind if carrying hide poles or magnets/rotarys in these sort of bags to keep the pointed end upper most in the bag,otherwise i wont be long before you split the base of the bag :good: BB

Thanks for the comments guys. I will give them a ring in the morning. I understand that over filling the bag is going to put alot of strain on certain points, but as a couple of the lads who i shoot with on here know, unless i can get pretty close to the area i want to shoot by car i travel very light 12 full bodied deeks, netting and carts go in the bag with the hide poles on the side. Thats hardly over filling it

Cheers

Ben

If thats the case then why advertise it as monster hold-all decoying bag :good:

I use one of these http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop/ca...ish-521160.html :hmm:

Hey, I am not selling it. :yes:

Like many others I have been the big bag route, net type ones and canvas ones, those that didn't rip/break, were too heavy or bulky for me.

We can only speak from our own experience.

The bergen type you have is a different kettle of fish.

Hey, I am not selling it. :good:

Like many others I have been the big bag route, net type ones and canvas ones, those that didn't rip/break, were too heavy or bulky for me.

We can only speak from our own experience.

The bergen type you have is a different kettle of fish.

Just playing with you my friend :yes::hmm:

This is what you need mate

Army Kit Bag

Made of canvas - I ram and cram everything in and stand on the top to push the cam net down. Mine was issued in 1981 and they are robust and take a lot of hammer. And only :good: £10 :good: . What else do you need? If it does not work out and you do not like it you have not lost too much. I have put an old plastic veg oil barrel in the bottom of mine. Turn it upside down and hey presto - A seat.... All for a tenner.

The first one I bought, the plastic clip broke the first time I used it. It was replaced but exactly the same thing happened. It is now tied together with a bit of string whuch has lasted 18 months - a lot longer than the plastic clips. The bottom has now just started to fall out.

got my lads old bergen from his army cadet days good bit of kit .the thing with any hobbie you always think you need to buy the latest gizmo then you got to carry it across a field i have a read on here let people give there opinion's and sort the weet from the chaf i am about to buy some flocked shells from the sponser but that is because they are on offer .do we need rotary's and flapping pigeons i just keep my kit to the minimum and that means a lot less weight to carry . i think if we all spent as much time on field craft as we do money on dancing pigeon's we would have better day's because we seem more attracted to the rotary's than the pigeon's lol :blink: :good:

Not from the site sponsors but bought an almost identical one at the CLA game fair. The plastic adjustor buckle snaped the 2nd or 3rd time I used it, necessitating a duct tape repair. I'm not a small bloke and am reasonably broad shouldered, but I also find the shoulder straps are too far apart, resulting in the straps slipping off your shoulder.

I've just ordered one of the Jack Pyke ones pictured below, as they seem to be a bit better made and the straps/buckles look more substantial and better designed. They are £28.00 on the Jack Pyke site, but I found them ten quid cheaper on a well known auction site :blink:

JP-Decoy-Bag-Camo.jpg

Mine broke on 3rd trip out plastic buckle went Cost me £ 4.00 or £5.00 to send it back they replaced it no hassle but I wouldnt buy another one not because of UKSW, I think to be honest the clue is in the advert "Monster holdall decoying bag" I had my swivel bucket seat, carts, sink, plunger, flask, grub, fencing panels, you name it was in it, oh yes and my decoys, hide poles and floater poles so it was perhaps its not surprising Although got my replacement last August and its still going strong, I give it more respect now :blink:

Alan