HW100 Kit !!!

scotsy

I prefer the non-thumbhole stock, and non-carbine. Great rifles - the only bad thing I've heard about them is that the power might need checking straight from the factory, depending on your choice of pellet. Weight isn't a problem if you're rabbit shooting with a bipod, or roost shooting where you can rest on branches etc - easy!

Have a look at the 2nd hand offers on www.airgunbbs.com.

good gun. although they are a little expensive. you could get a lot other nice guns from the same price so even though the hw100 is popular and has good reviews have a look around and test different guns see what fits you best. to name a handful of other great guns for same money:

air arms s410, bsa r10, webley venom sidewinder, daystate huntsman, theoben rapid just to name a few. dont always go off what other people say. find what you like best.

I've got the sporter .177 full length and it is absolutley superb. Not the lightest granted, but lighter than a HW springer for example,better balanced and much easier to use for hunting. Power wise, get it checked in the shop as they can run very close to the limit. And I mean VERY close.

Highly recommended.

Hi Folks,

I'm after a air rifle and have seen this kit,i know people think the 100 is heavy but from what i have read about it it sounds an amazing rifle !!!

Scope should be good for bunnies and roost shooting !!

Many Thanks,

Stuart

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/makeBig.asp?ID=2460&pic=0

hi mate

i had the original hw100 and now i have the hw100k and i love it,its such a beautifully made gun. Its a lovely gun for hunting although it is a bit heavy but that dont matter! if you find it that bad get a sling! honestly mate its one onf the best pcps out there today ask anyone!,the only downside is that it dosent hold that much charge about 60-80 shots i suppose,you could always get a spare bottle tho!

Honestly you would not be disapointed!

p.s I dont work for weirauch!

Tom

Hi mate ,best advice on these fantastic rifles is to have a really good look round as many dealers as you can there are some cracking deals to be had .

For some of the best customer service you'll find anywhere, your already there with the boys at Blackpool.

Edited by Jega

Am i better going for the longer version (carbine version is it?? ) what version is that one you have ??

Still trying to make up my mind between the 100 or the AA 410.

Carbine is the shortened version, which normally means a smaller reservoir and fewer shots, traded for a wee bit more manouverability. I'd go for the full length HW100 over the 410 any day - haven't shot either (I'd expect them both to be bang-on), but the build quality of the HW100 is amazing. Good, solid, honest bit of kit. I'd have bought one (non-thumbhole mind) if I hadn't been seduced away by the shiny Daystates...

I personaly didnt mind the thumb hole, it did feel comfortable,

I think i will go for the long version instead of the carbine just for the extra shots..........

compared to the AA S410 I did feel the build quaility was a bit better and the action on the working parts were smoother

Im not knocking the S410 as I still think its a cracking rifle...and worth every penny, But I can see where the extra money comes in on the HW 100

also like the 14 pellet mag instead of the 10 ...but thats just me being lazy :good:

jasp

Have had my AA S410K CLASSIC .177,since may last year and can honestly not find ant fault with the rifle,if i had to be picky then the cocking bolt has to be a positive movement but soon get the hang of it.My mate has the hw100 and is a lovely rifle,we are all different and believe the hype that appeals to us,what i would say is;

i have a preference for the following,after owning,using and referencing

get .177,less drop off

multi shot

get a good fit for you

carbine if shooting in a vechicle,classic for more shots

regulated is better

Air gun center in essex,gives a lifetime warrenty and free servicing ;)

test gun first,and have it put over chrono,saves your gun being taken :good:

beech,synthetic,walnut,ply,make,budget.......thats up to you

AA

HW

DAYSTATE

BSA

ALL 12FLBS,accurate,kill at 30/60 yrds,so work out what you are paying for