your thoughts on crows?

markyboy

just having a read at some of the previous posts about crow shooting,i have had many a good day shooting crows over crops and things protechting them for a farmer. i know the carrion crow is a vicious creature and shoot them at any chance i can. but the likes of the rooks that are classes as a farmers friend in some respect and jack daws i dont no what damage these will do.

im just wondering what your thought are on these 3 crows and the likley damage they will do and your purpose for shooting them?

Rooks cause no end of crop damage on our farm from turing and eating seed crops after sowing to knocking ripe barley wheat peas over with there wings and feeding much like pigeons but unlike pigeons they will consistently flock in masses causing a lot of damage oh and they are clever ******* to better be good at decoying!shoot at every chance,nothing works better than a pegged live bird but thats illegal and wouldnt advise stumbling upon a yearling fully flocked that fell from the nest learning to fly because that is wrong!

I absolutely hate Crows. I will shoot them every chance that I get. If I ever had to give up my shooting, but allowed to keep one type, it would be crow. No good for anything, and they cause so much damage, destruction and death!

not strictly true..................

they are very good for shooting :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I enjoy shooting crows purely because you're up against something which is actually quite smart.One farmer i know hates them because he grows a lot of barley and they flatten it with their wings-then the pigeons follow afterwards and finish it all off!

Must admit that i was pecked by one last year which i'd shot and i went to break its neck to finish it off.Damn thing drew blood so now i just give em' another barrel if i see movement.Once bitten and all that jaz!