Clint Eastwood

MPT1

Not seen Gran Torino yet although i have it home. Is it worth a watch?

Grumpy old man hates Asisans who know inhabbit his neighbourhood.

Grumpy old man meets young, attractive Asian who (also lives nextdoor) takes it upon herself to make him like all the Asians.

Grumpy old man stays grumpy and racist for a while, but sees the error of his ways in the end.

Grumpy old man is loved by Asians, and saves the day.

Then end.

I thought GT was a really great film. What I liked was seeing Clint Eastwood bring character to an unlikely plot.

I've watched it three times now. You watch it and give me an opinion please.

I thought it was ****, nothing like any of his other films, and he just didn't seem the right person to play the part

Watched it this week on Sky Premiere and although not his best was still a cracking film and just great to see him on screen still playing the hard Bstd. When you look back at the films he has starred in and directed over the years then he has to be one of the greatest actors ever.

You could live on Eastwood films as a film buff and never be bored of something cracking to watch.

Edited by Dibs

Watched it this week on Sky Premiere and although not his best was still a cracking film and just great to see him on screen still playing the hard Bstd. When you look back at the films he has starred in and directed over the years then he has to be one of the greatest actors ever.

You could live on Eastwood films as a film buff and never be bored of something cracking to watch.

You're right there.

Unforgiven was one of the best, then compare that with the one with the chimp. Then some that he has just directed.

They've been showing Fist full of Dollars, Hang 'em High etc on Channel 5 lately

Thought it was a good plot and story line, it's a shame the acting was terrible. I expected more from Eastwood and the supporting cast were no better. The only decent acting was done by the young asian girl who tries to befreind him.

I think the story drew a lot of parallels to 'Harry Brown' with Michael Cain. Now that is one hell of a movie... if you haven't seen it yet it is an abolute must!!!

Thought it was a good plot and story line, it's a shame the acting was terrible. I expected more from Eastwood and the supporting cast were no better. The only decent acting was done by the young asian girl who tries to befreind him.

I think the story drew a lot of parallels to 'Harry Brown' with Michael Cain. Now that is one hell of a movie... if you haven't seen it yet it is an abolute must!!!

I'd like to see that, however by his own admission Michael Caine has been in more bad films than good.

Clint Eastwood on the other has put more into film.

Clint has been a good actor.His worst film I think was Heartbreak Ridge!

Space Cowboys for me... the critics panned it and MSN rated it as one of the worst 'A list' hollywood movies of all time recently. I thought it was bloody brilliant, watched it more than a few times now! :mad: