Which ammo 17hmr

sixhills 69

Hi just looking for some advice i have Just bought a New CZ452 17Hmr it is the first rifle i have ever bought new i Zeroed at 100yrds and fired 5 rnds (remington 17gr Accutip v boat tail) grouped about 2 to 3 inch (spread). i found the trigger was not to good after firing 20rnds i got the scope zeroed as best as I have scince up graded the trigger and went out the other day again 100yrd fig 11 target first rnd spot on second striaght under about 1/2 cm and next rnd again 1/2cm under that untill i had a striaght line.

I cleaned the gun with a bore snake and it did the same on the next 5rnds and then again on the next 5 is it the ammunition or is it the gun i have only fired 35rnds through it.

Would be greatful for any thoughts

Thanks

I use Remington Accutips in my CZ and there are superb. I can get shot on shot accuracy in the right conditions. All my shots are done standing off sticks and I don't miss much.

I have used Hornady blue and red tip and they are all as good.

Thanks the rounds chamber well and i have had no other problems it just seems strange that the point of aim stays the same but they drop slightly after each shot i wondered as it is a new gun do you have to put how ever many rnds through it before it breaks in?

And if so whats the avarage or is it like a piece of string.

Thanks

Hi just looking for some advice i have Just bought a New CZ452 17Hmr it is the first rifle i have ever bought new i Zeroed at 100yrds and fired 5 rnds (remington 17gr Accutip v boat tail) grouped about 2 to 3 inch (spread). i found the trigger was not to good after firing 20rnds i got the scope zeroed as best as I have scince up graded the trigger and went out the other day again 100yrd fig 11 target first rnd spot on second striaght under about 1/2 cm and next rnd again 1/2cm under that untill i had a striaght line.

I cleaned the gun with a bore snake and it did the same on the next 5rnds and then again on the next 5 is it the ammunition or is it the gun i have only fired 35rnds through it.

Would be greatful for any thoughts

Thanks

this could be the problem, dont clean so much :good:

failing that, sounds like it might be the scope :good:

then again my guns only had about 50 rounds through it so im no expert!

When i first got mine i had trouble getting a decent grouping but now i am happy as with remingtons i get sub 1 inch groups at 100 yards easy and if i were better then the groups would be too as I am still learning. First question is how are you zeroing it? prone of a bi-pod? might be worth getting a rear rest for zeroing so you know it is spot on. It takes a few rounds after being cleaned to find its zero again but i clean mine after ever use provided it is 20+ rounds as is a force of habit i just worry about putting it away dirty although some people never clean theirs until accuracy goes amiss. Anyway may be worth trying some other ammo also you may find this interesting.

>Clicky<

George

A verticle straight line is down to breathing errors, if memory serves me :hmm:

I would favour this answer as a good possibility and something that you might think about looking at, especially if it is a straight rise or drop between shots!

As for which type of ammunition that is best for your gun all I can say is that I use Remington Premiers in my CZ452 in 17gr, I'm not saying that they are the best but they work well for me and give me a perfectly acceptable group and they don't leave any "runners"!