belgian .410

reg2876

Hi all

I just took posession of this nice little poachers gun , I matched up most of the stamps with the belgian ones i found online and as far as i can tell i think this one is from the 1930s (however i am by no means an expert on this !!)

the barrel length is 28 inches and the foresight is still in place . the gun overall looks to be in pretty good condition and as far as i can tell un modified,

it weighs next to nothing and has next to no recoil.

It's not really my sort of thing and i'm most likely going to sell it so if anyone can give me any info about the gun or what it may be worth i would really appreciate it as i've so far drawn a blank .

5ff9xe.jpg

14e8j6b.jpg

dm8uom.jpg

1r7lo3.jpg

20ac70w.jpg

14ucfir.jpg

would be a nice gun for a collector or someone who likes to do up guns. 410's are quite sort after at the moment but this one might be a bit to old for general use. I think it's down to what someone is willing to pay. The £50-£70 mark seems fair enough.

Ive seen a number of these sell at the auction a Byrnes in chester. They can sell well at about the £70 to 90 mark, but it is dependent on condition. Having said that I have also seen them go for a lot less.

Edited by alexr

There are 3 main problems you'll have to look into to figure out the value.

One, what is it chambered at? - most of them are only 2'' .410 which is a pretty useless cartridge.

Two: Pitting. (You see alot of it in older belgium style .410's)

Three: Are the barrels straight? - A common complaint is that through the cheap manufacturing process, you can often get one barrel slightly twisted around the other, moving one barrels patten a good foot or so out to the wrong direction - you will want to check this too.

One, what is it chambered at? - most of them are only 2'' .410 which is a pretty useless cartridge.

Three: Are the barrels straight? - A common complaint is that through the cheap manufacturing process, you can often get one barrel slightly twisted around the other, moving one barrels patten a good foot or so out to the wrong direction - you will want to check this too.

I just had it checked over at a local gun maker and he's happy with it , he's given me 2 1/2 inch cartridges for it . thanks for the info

Hi reg2876, I could be interested in this 410 any more information i.e. pitting and stock conditon . i'm not to far from you . bb

i took it to a gunmakers in sandbach and he said it was fine to use , the stock has a repair but i didn't notice till he told me . it's pretty solid and i have 2 1/2 inch cartridges for it

chris

Had exactly the same in a collection i bought,it was in old condition had a lot of play and barrels were pitted therefore dangerous,took it to two seperate local gun dealers who both said to put in auction £11.50 and you might just get your money back,even offered to swap it for box of cartridges which they werent interested in,so i dobbed it in to feo who said it not worth anything and that they have hundreds of them handed in,such a shame cause it was such a cute tiny little gun of no weight.

Have since seen these sell for over £50.

One, what is it chambered at? - most of them are only 2'' .410 which is a pretty useless cartridge. (It depends what you put in them, homeloadingwise!)

DCP_3451.jpg

Edited by Floating Chamber