Privi Partizan .222 50gr opinions?

I have just put a deposit down on a Bruno Fox (222) which is going to be used predominantly for Foxing. I was with my local RFD yesterday talking about it and he tells me he has plenty of Privi Partizans in .222 50gr in stock and that they are considerably cheaper than other ammo for the .222, does anyone have any experience of Partizan ammo (Good or bad) that they could to comment on.

I surpose basically what I am asking is "Would be buying this cheaper ammo be false economy"?

Edited by Frenchieboy

:yes: I bought .222 remmingtons the other day for £15.45 for 20, how cheap are the partisans then? :hmm:

i used ppu in my 223 nothing wrong with them at all plus im told the brass is good for reloading as well.i was paying£40 per 100 50g soft points.

No idea about the .222.

I use them a lot in my .223, .243 and .308. I am perfectly happy with the groups I achieve with all of them, but think I may be fortunate as they do not suit some barrels.

For field work they are perfectly adequate, and if I do my part they can all give me 1" groups. I know of several other people who are not so fortunate with their barrels/groups.

Obviously this leaves me pretty happy as they are a competative price :yes::hmm:

All you can really say is get a box and give them a try!! ;)

:yes: I bought .222 remmingtons the other day for £15.45 for 20, how cheap are the partisans then? :hmm:

Sorry about the delay in getting back to answer this question. I was told about £11.00 per box of 20 (Maybe even less from some dealers) compared with £18.00 for the cheapest of the rest, so certainly cheap enough to be worth trying judging by the feedback so far!

You won't get match accuracy with Partizan's. I have used them with my .22-250 and .243. I've found that there is not a great deal of difference between these and 'better makes'. I've paid around the £8.00 mark for 20 rounds. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with them, and I've never had a complaint off any fox when I've shot them.

The suggestion I am getting from a few dealers at the moment is that PRVI is growing rapidly in popularity.

This is one of the reasons that some is in short suppy and Kranks are apparently waiting on a delivery, due in the next few days.

My fear is of course, that with increased popularity come increased prices!!

Anyway..in the short term ..I have 500 rounds of Wolf .223 55g HP, still factory sealed, for £100 TOTAL, usual terms, PM me if you have any interest...YES, thats about Half the price of PRVI!! 20p each!! :yes::hmm:

Details here..

http://www.wolfammo.com/index.php?option=c...1&Itemid=12