Tree Harvester

Traztaz

Hi guys,

I have been offered a job, and operating one of these large complex machines is entailed. How are people normally trained to operate them?I have 20 years knowlege of opperating other forms of wheeled and tracked very large machines, but have never come accross this type of work before.

Also involved is anathor machine which I am told is also very very large for harvesting beetroot, maybe one of the farmers could help me in that direction.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Traztaz

I asked a question. Is this thread real? :unsure:

Hi guys,

I have been offered a job, and operating one of these large complex machines is entailed. How are people normally trained to operate them?I have 20 years knowlege of opperating other forms of wheeled and tracked very large machines, but have never come accross this type of work before.

Also involved is anathor machine which I am told is also very very large for harvesting beetroot, maybe one of the farmers could help me in that direction.

Traztaz

Tree harvester are normally tracked, look similar to a 360 digger and are able to cut and stalk limber. Dedicated machines not used much here.

As for a beet harvester it depends if it is a tractor convert or purpose built, I have never driven one, seen plenty but I am sure there are a few on here who will have operated them.

What you must remember you are in Germany, and normally the best there is will be on offer......

Most British plant like that is second user,

Hi guys,

Traztaz

You are not allowed to operate it without the the qualification , the days of heres your machine get on with it are long gone ,

As The harvester is a 360 deg excavator with a harvesting head , i believe its actually 2 qualifications required to operate

Hmmmmmm, funny old situation as the work offered is in the old East, have not spoken diredtly to the new maybe boss yet myself.All info so far is through a third party, I know what he wants, and the offer is so good as he is talking wages. Wondering if its somthing that is taught hands on here, or if he is intending to send me on a course? The beet machine is a pure machine for that task and is a whopper I am told. Can not imagine that being over complex?

All info very greatly received. As for the looney that asked is this for real...................very much so thankyou.

You are not allowed to operate it without the the qualification , the days of heres your machine get on with it are long gone ,

As The harvester is a 360 deg excavator with a harvesting head , i believe its actually 2 qualifications required to operate

It could be a different case with "ze germans" though....

Not 100% correct as agriculture employers are exempt from pretty much ever qualifcation ever invented so if you are emlpoyed for agri work you dont need a ticket for chainsaw use etc etc.

Regards OTH

Not 100% correct as agriculture employers are exempt from pretty much ever qualifcation ever invented so if you are emlpoyed for agri work you dont need a ticket for chainsaw use etc etc.

Regards OTH

not too sure about that, most workers now have tickets for certainly chainsaws and tele handlers at minimum. If you're an employee that has an accident the HSE still descend hard on the employer

not too sure about that, most workers now have tickets for certainly chainsaws and tele handlers at minimum. If you're an employee that has an accident the HSE still descend hard on the employer

Hi al4x

You will amazed by what farmers are exempt from no tacho needed on there ifor williams trailers when ever other transport employer needs to as soon as you hookup a trailer no matter what size if it business use you should have a tacho be it tree surgeon or builder but is a real grey area for the police.

Just go onto the HSE website for chainsaw usage and you will see there are exempt from training for chainsaws.

Kind regards OTH

Regards OTH

If you havent got the tickets you dont work full stop on forestry commission land

Correct Forestry commission wont even allow you to work if you dont have the licences required

I been told you can earn up to £40000 per annum but only the best drivers get this. You probably be spending longs hours away from home so be prepered.

Ive seen them work amazing how quick these machines can process the tree, it takes seconds. I couldnt do it though doing the same thing everyday get boring.

If you havent got the tickets you dont work full stop on forestry commission land

Where in the thread starter post does it quote forestry commission land I know they wont but I was repling to the oringnals post .

I am only asking the thread starter if it is in the agriculture field line of work there is all sorts of exemptions if his job offer is for a agricultre employer.

Not a commerical logger :unsure:

Kind regards OTH

Where in the thread starter post does it quote forestry commission land I know they wont but I was repling to the oringnals post .

I am only asking the thread starter if it is in the agriculture field line of work there is all sorts of exemptions if his job offer is for a agricultre employer.

Not a commerical logger :unsure:

Kind regards OTH

Well to my knowledge when tendoring a job you have to make sure that the contractor has insurance for the job and im sure that the insurance company will want to make sure that there are competant people driving there machines.

Hi guys,

Traztaz

Give your local Caterpillar (CAT) dealer a call those boys have the gear and the resources and advice.

We carry spares for them and I've had a chat with them on site the latest are joystick controlled

with computer aids so maybe not as daunting as you might imagine, I got some cracking photos

and I want one to play with :hmm::good:

CAT website