Graft and Corruption at BASC?

Jimbo57

I see in an advert in this week's Shooting Times that BASC's gamekeeper's fair is being sponsored by a company called Bushwear. And it just so happens that the managing director of Bushwear is standing for a seat on the BASC Council at this year's elections!!!

Has the sleaze of Westminster drifted over to Marford Mill?

I think we should be told.

Jimbo

I am sure it has, after all they don't get Pimm's for nothing you know.

I am sure I have seen the BASC Range Rovers driving around Clapham as well. All that posh totty in tweed have got to be kept in the custom they have got used to.

The next CEO of BASC is the same person who runs the Moet and Chandon champagne company. Corruption is rife I tell you.

Do you want some salt for your chip on your shoulder as well?

I see in an advert in this week's Shooting Times that BASC's gamekeeper's fair is being sponsored by a company called Bushwear. And it just so happens that the managing director of Bushwear is standing for a seat on the BASC Council at this year's elections!!!

Jimbo

so basc are now corrupt because a director of a shooting supplies company is standing for a seat on the council?? :P

jesus h, someone call the cops (and get kdubya on hand incase it turns nasty), terrible crime that, someone standing for the council when their business is related to shooting, and so has a vested interest... :good:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

There are several people on the BASC council with other interests, as there are with a number of their staff!!

I have a lot of interests and that too involves differing organisations.

Simple fact is that can be a benefit to everyone quite often, a problem only arises when that interest manifests itself in a conflict!

:good::P

Jimbo

You could also look at it as someone who's standing for a seat on the BASC Council is prepared to

pour his hard earned money into supporitng the BASC.

:)

Nial.

Jimbo

Jimbo

If you are a member of BASC you will have received documents inviting you to vote for the vacant BASC council positions.

The person to whom you refer has quite clearly declared his interest.

If you feel that his position may affect what he does as a council member if elected, then make sure that you vote, and vote for candidates that you feel will serve the association best.

I have, and I didn't vote for him, but not because I suspected anything untoward.

webber

Jimbo

You are told. Clearly, boldly, in the most obvious way possible in the 3rd sentance of his 'proposal' in the voting information that came with theh BASC magazine. And in case you still can't see it, it reads -

Alisdair Troup, aged 30 from Stirling

proposed by Alan Balfour and seconded by Simon Breasley

MD of BushWear; BSc in forestry and management.

BASC member since 2001, member of Scottish Committee.

The first paragraph of his statement is about the BushWare business.

I would have thought that you'd welcome a Scottish member of council. So why moan?

They could not have been more transparent and as others have said, I welcome someone on council that knows how to run a business. That's what shooters need, young, experienced and successful people in a position of influence.

BTW, are you a BASC member?

I think you will find that Bushwear were supporting BASC in a number of ways long before Alisdair was put forward for election.

Any member is entitled to stand for election.

If they are elected, they have to declare, at the start of every meeting, whether they have any business interest in any of the items for discussion and, if they have, they do not take part in that discussion.

I bet, whether or not he is elected, BASC continues to get more from Bushwear than Bushwear gets from BASC.

It's not as if BASC will pay for a mortgage on a second home or fund holidays in Belize.