What is your favourite gun EVER?

SSS

chunkyed's beretta thread <<HERE>> got me thinking.

We all have a gun that goes out with us everytime we go shooting, or a gun we wish we could have. I am talking, air rifle, rifle, shotgun, pistol, punt gun, fully automatic machine gun or anything else.

What would you have/have you got/could you use/really want and why?

My favourites so far are:-

• Shotgun - 20 bore O/U rizzini, I used one a while ago and it fit me perfect, I have never shot anything quite like it, looks nice too.

• Rifle - I love my CZ .22lr, don't get me wrong but I would love a custom jobby, in something like .280 remington, never shot anything in that calibre, but it does sound good.

• Air rifle - I used to own an air arms s400, and I want it back, it was superbly accurate and I loved it

So... What's yours? :good:

Edited by SSS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

chunkyed's beretta thread <<HERE>> got me thinking.

We all have a gun that goes out with us everytime we go shooting, or a gun we wish we could have. I am talking, air rifle, rifle, shotgun, pistol, punt gun or any other.

What would you have/have you got/could you use/really want and why?

My favourites so far are:-

• Shotgun - 20 bore O/U rizzini, I used one a while ago and it fit me perfect, I have never shot anything quite like it, looks nice too.

• Rifle - I love my CZ .22lr, don't get me wrong but I would love a custom jobby, in something like .280 remington, never shot anything in that calibre, but it does sound good.

• Air rifle - I used to own an air arms s400, and I want it back, it was superbly accurate and I loved it

So... What's yours? :good:

Sig P226 :yes:

2 guns i desire and would buy tomorrow if i won the lottery

Firstly a matched pair of MacNaughton Bar-in-Wood as i feel they are the most elegant guns you will ever come by >CLICKY<

Secondly a proper double barrelled rifle. More specifically this >CLICKY< Denys Finch Hattons Big Game rifle would do perfect for my planned buffalo hunt when i win the lottery :good: and a provenance like that is great, always loved out of Africa.......i'm such a girl :yes:

George

Edited by groach1234

If we are talking about what i would buy if i get the 6 numbers tomorrow, it will be a custom made Boss, have only ever seen one in the flesh (so to speak) but my god what a gun.

But on a more down to earth note i will be happy with a Beretta 687EELL 20g matched pair which would keep me happy for a while!!

Edited by GW80

594b54319c22d7d5518276911.jpg

This would be my dream gun. :yes:

I know someone very well who bought a famars excalibur round action with a droppable trigger and has had no end of trouble with it and has had it one season and sent it away several times with different problems and now the for end has cracked across the grain :good: for a gun that cost over £10,000 i would be so ****** off to say the least and he is going to sell it and stick with his 30 year old C2G he has had it 10 years and all that has gone in this time are the ejector springs in a 30 nocking on 40 now year old gun.

To the point the famars are often form over function :oops:

George

Edited by groach1234

if i won the lottery id have an armoury full to the brim! :yes:

though if i had to pick one gun... i dont know, a large calibre rifle, something like this, the denel ntw 20 anti material rifle :oops:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385">

in reaility, id be happy enough with a good centrefire sometime in the future :good:

this is my opion only, but if you are going for top end gun, go for a Boss or an H&H. they are always going to be the best quality plus they are still going to be bench mark for guns made in England. I'd love to have the choice!!

I knew it would be you babbs :oops:

20mm or 14.5 mm sir?

both, and ill take the 12.5mm practice configuration as well :good:

I'm away to fantisie bout my sister in law, the silly brigradge are in from the pub!!

funnily enough, i was working in the pub tonight, and yes, i took home a bottle of vodka :hmm: but come on now, this would be my lifetime achievment, taking out a dishwasher at 1500m with one of those things :yes: :yes:

being serious though, as it will happen someday (if i dont **** up) id like a centrefire, .243/.270 maybe (higher than .223 anyway). i dont have any particular one in mind, just something that im comfortable with and can shoot well using it. i do prefer more tactical looking rifles (as opposed to traditional wood), though i wouldnt want something that looks like its come out of star trek. something like a remi 700, but we'll see :yes:

funnily enough, i was working in the pub tonight, and yes, i took home a bottle of vodka :yes: but come on now, this would be my lifetime achievment, taking out a dishwasher at 1500m with one of those things :good::yes:

You could build a reinforced concrete wall infront and still smash it :oops: