Saiga 12 gauge

CZ550Kevlar

I have a slot for an FAC shotgun and have my heart set on a magazine fed saiga, does anyone know if you can hold one on an fac and are they available?

I don't know if they're still available but they are section 1 as long as they have a 24" barrel, they usually advertise in gunmart but i havent seen a copy of that for a few months now..

In my opinion, they are pressed steel embarrassments with long barrels. A guy at our shoot arrived with one and fumbled his way through the stands, dropping magazines and shells and holding everyone up. It is a poser's gun and looks ridiculous at a clayshoot. It's more of a 'bang bang, look at me I'm Rambo' gun.

Edited by Floating Chamber

In my opinion, they are pressed steel embarrassments with long barrels. A guy at our shoot arrived with one and fumbled his way through the stands, dropping magazines and shells and holding everyone up. It is a poser's gun and looks ridiculous at a clayshoot. It's more of a 'bang bang, look at me I'm Rambo' gun.

Now now,

if it floats his boat then what's the harm?

I nearly bought one chap, ended up with a benelli instead (which is for sale by the way) :good:

Who said i was going to be using this gun in view of anyone or even clay shooting with it?? I go through phases where i want to try a gun, if i like it i keep it, if i hate it then it goes and gets replaced. Simples.

Edited by CZ550Kevlar

I've played with one, and I can safely say they are the biggest pile of **** to ever grace my hands (and I've worked in a nursing home).

The problem is, that it's big, bulky and not fit to any purpose other than playing GI jane, you can't 'point' it like any other shotgun, which results you not being able to shoot anything moving anyhow. It's purpose was to shoot people (big targets) inside (Very close) in small rooms and chest height (like a barn door), there is no aiming to this gun, and no real pleasure to be found outside the 'look, it has a magizine' factor.

Honestly, I can understand the temptation, but it's a toy, and what will result in being a very expensive one if that.

the problem with imports is most of them are going straight to the USA, they come with a 17" or 19" barrel as standard from the factory, they have to change this to a 24" barrel before they can send them here, which i guess must be a pain in the backside, otherwise i'm sure we would see loads of them.

you'll just have to keep checking their website for delivery updates mate.

Goodluck! :stupid:

I've played with one, and I can safely say they are the biggest pile of **** to ever grace my hands (and I've worked in a nursing home).

The problem is, that it's big, bulky and not fit to any purpose other than playing GI jane, you can't 'point' it like any other shotgun, which results you not being able to shoot anything moving anyhow. It's purpose was to shoot people (big targets) inside (Very close) in small rooms and chest height (like a barn door), there is no aiming to this gun, and no real pleasure to be found outside the 'look, it has a magizine' factor.

Honestly, I can understand the temptation, but it's a toy, and what will result in being a very expensive one if that.

You obviously haven't used a Hatsan yet!! :P:stupid::P:yay::lol::P

;)

one cartridge doesnt give you anywhere near enough time to scream "EAT LEAD SUCKA YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" ;)

:blink: :yes: :o

But I can get at least two commando rolls in, instead of all that shooting.

Very handy in a tactical situation like you find yourself in on the clay ground. :hmm:

Lock 'n load

Fire in the hole

But I can get at least two commando rolls in, instead of all that shooting.

Very handy in a tactical situation like you find yourself in on the clay ground. :hmm:

Lock 'n load

Fire in the hole

:blink: never considered commando rolls, could be useful if the traps every go psychotic and start hurling clays at you. not something that id ever have to worry about mind, the traps would be too scared to put a foot out of line when they see me cocking my mossy one handed... :o

:yes:

Talk about Saiga salesman, i`m even more determined to get one now. Surely everyone has to see that once in your life when you become an avid shooter there are certain iconic rifles/shotguns that you want in your collection and this is one of them for me.

Absolutely! that's why i got a spas 12..

good for you chap. :lol:

Its attitudes like that that put new shooters off clays. Whats wrong with the guy having some fun? It is suppoed to be fun afterall right? No-one is going to argue that a Saiga 12 is a bit of a silly gun for clays but the guy most likely has another more sensible gun and just wanted to have a bit of a laugh with it.

Do you have the same attitude when a new shooter 'holds you up' and 'fumbles'?

I had the same reaction from some people when I took my Benelli pump action to clays one week instead of my Miroku. I didnt go back to that ground again. I found another one where people understand that actually some people go for fun and not just to stand around with their little clique moaning.

/rant off

Its attitudes like that that put new shooters off clays. Whats wrong with the guy having some fun? It is suppoed to be fun afterall right? No-one is going to argue that a Saiga 12 is a bit of a silly gun for clays but the guy most likely has another more sensible gun and just wanted to have a bit of a laugh with it.

Do you have the same attitude when a new shooter 'holds you up' and 'fumbles'?

I had the same reaction from some people when I took my Benelli pump action to clays one week instead of my Miroku. I didnt go back to that ground again. I found another one where people understand that actually some people go for fun and not just to stand around with their little clique moaning.

/rant off

Fair doos! But they're still pressed steel scrap for posers. Shoot them in the right place; the Rambo field.

P.S. 'Having a laugh' with a gun and turning round to see who's looking at you is not what I call safe shooting.

Fair doos! But they're still pressed steel scrap for posers. Shoot them in the right place; the Rambo field.

P.S. 'Having a laugh' with a gun and turning round to see who's looking at you is not what I call safe shooting.

If they were shooting unsafely with it that is different. There is no room for for that on the clay ground or the rambo field. But if they were just taking longer than normal and missing a lot, let them have their fun :lol:

• 1 month later...

Heh sorry it took me so long to get to this reply but as the owner of the above pressed steel embarrassment i feel i ought to defend myself and the saiga.First of all it IS a terrible clay buster its heavy unwieldy and the magazine does take some getting used to.

However for the purpose I bought it (PSG competition) it is superb. It is reliable to the point of unbreakable, the recoil is next to nothing and lets not forget its cheap compared to the alternatives.

As to holding people up, i demand a recount as Float's Remi has fallen to bits on a regular basis and caused way more disruption than i ever have.....not to mention his renowned headbanger ammo responsible for the death of at least one pair of glasses and probably the early retirement on medical grounds of many trap operators due to post traumatic stress disorder :hmm:

No-one expects someone with a saiga to shoot well. But there is no better feeling than than having a Krieghoff owner come off a stand after hitting 1 out of 10 mini's look at you and your pressed steel gun then sneer and wish you good luck......only to see you smack 9 out 10 clean,drop the mag and blow the gently wafting smoke from the flash hider :rolleyes:

I have a clay gun its a remi 870 ><

Oh btw Float is a good friend and introduced me to the joys of shot and choke and the occasional cry of anguish from his home loads (remember the 54g you gave my wife to try) Ouch

If you buy one for clays you are indeed a poser but why not use it as long as you ok it with your club beforehand?

Oh and yeah Float did beat me that day if i recall but not by much :rolleyes:

No-one expects someone with a saiga to shoot well. But there is no better feeling than than having a Krieghoff owner come off a stand after hitting 1 out of 10 mini's look at you and your pressed steel gun then sneer and wish you good luck......only to see you smack 9 out 10 clean,drop the mag and blow the gently wafting smoke from the flash hider :hmm:

Oh No...................

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD

Edited by poontang